Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is this?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ineedhelpwithmathing

Ineedhelpwithmathing

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

Attached File  Problem.PNG   996.88KB   1 downloads

My screen is compacted onto the left, and I can't see the right-side  of the screen anymore. Plus the top of my screen is duplicated on the bottom. Does this mean there's an issue with the video card?

Edited by Ineedhelpwithmathing, 25 September 2015 - 05:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ineedhelpwithmathing

Ineedhelpwithmathing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:06 PM

Wow, no one has an answer

Edited by Ineedhelpwithmathing, 25 September 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,777 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

Try the control buttons on your monitor itself; there may be a factory reset type button you can use, or some have left and right shift buttons that will enable you to adjust it. Check the manual that came with the monitor, or access the manufacturer's webpage and search for information on your make & model.

In addition, I notice that your monitor is portrait orientation; you need landscape orientation, that may be controlled from the monitor itself OR possibly from your video card control panel.

Edited by ranchhand_, 25 September 2015 - 05:30 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:51 PM

Or....you could try a system restore

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

Really strange for sure.  The background may actually be a corrupted picture file.  The screen compression and off screen is from faulty sync.  As suggested, a factory reset is needed, sometimes just pulling the plug for thirty seconds is all that's needed.

#6 Ineedhelpwithmathing

Ineedhelpwithmathing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:59 PM

Just an update, it only happens when the computer is hot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users