Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intense virus that wont go away

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 moser197

moser197

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:03 PM

So recently I have been having problems with my asus g55vw laptop. Its really slow freezing constantly unless I am in safe mode with no networking, and it has a red "x" next to the network icon. it just recently got seveare, before the screen would flash under load and keys would stick on when playing a video game. i am currently typing this on a bitdefender live cd and everything is working perfectly which leads me to believe its not a hardware issue.

programs i have tried
1. malwarebytes (but it wont load now and gives an error)
2.super anti spyware
3. adwcleaner
4.ccleaner
5.macafee stinger
6. kaspersky anti rootkit
7.vipre rescue
They all found nothing

The problem is alot of the other antivirus programs wont run because they need to connect.

If this post is in the wrong place I apologize in advance as I am a new user. Any help is appreciated I really depend on this computer.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 September 2015 - 10:31 PM.
Moved to AII from Windows 8. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:06 AM

Since the computer seems to work normally in Safe Mode let's do a Clean Boot and see if this persists.

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

1.  Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png, then type msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files box.  

2.  When msconfig is seen in the pane above the search box and under Programs, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

afterstart_zps02764513.jpg

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation. 

3.  Click on the General tab.   

4.  Click the Selective startup option. 

5.  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box. 

msconfig_zps77b1ef82.png

6.Click on the Services tab. 

7.  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running. 

8.  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list, then click on Apply, then OK.  Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.  

Do the problems persist?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 moser197

moser197
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

Thank you very much for the reply! I will be around my computer Sunday and will try then asap.

#4 moser197

moser197
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

I was able to get on the computer today so I gave it a whirl. I should mention I'm running windows 8.1 but I could still do everything you described. Although I had to go into safe mode to change these settings because it would freeze when I clicked apply or ok. I booted back into regular mode afterwards and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Edited by moser197, 25 September 2015 - 02:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users