Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Super Blood Moon Eclipse 9/27

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

So exciting!

http://earthsky.org/?p=51212#eclipse

There is a total eclipse of the moon on the night of September 27-28, 2015. It happens to be the closest supermoon of 2015. It’s the Northern Hemisphere’s Harvest Moon, or full moon nearest the September equinox. It’s the Southern Hemisphere’s first full moon of spring. This September full moon is also called a Blood Moon, because it presents the fourth and final eclipse of a lunar tetrad: four straight total eclipses of the moon, spaced at six lunar months (full moons) apart. Phew!

The total lunar eclipse is visible from the most of North America and all of South America after sunset September 27. From eastern South America and Greenland, the greatest eclipse happens around midnight September 27-28. In Europe, Africa and the Middle East, the total eclipse takes place in the wee hours of the morning, after midnight and before sunrise September 28. A partial lunar eclipse can be seen after sunset September 27 from western Alaska, or before sunrise September 28 in far-western Asia. Photo top of post shows a partial phase of the April 14-15, 2014 total lunar eclipse by Fred Espenak. Follow the links below to learn more about the 2015 Harvest Moon and the September 27-28 total lunar eclipse.

The spectacle is so rare it won't be seen again until 2033!

If you snap a picture, post it!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:23 PM

I knew there was a reason I was planning on taking my tripod with me this trip !  Usually I only take a monopod - space reasons - but where we are going to be there is relatively little sky lighting and the forecast for the area is reasonably good. And since I am going to be off-line I will need to find something else to do with my evenings.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

Then you'll have great visibility, Mr. Cosgrove!  Enjoy!

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#4 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,556 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:38 PM

It's happening right now!! So awesome!  Slip outside and see how far the progression has taken place!

#5 kitsune

kitsune

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:02 AM

It was a great show!

#6 DagonCrows

DagonCrows

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:49 AM

Found out a day late. :(

#7 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,556 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:19 AM

@DaganCrows ~ clink on the link..and you can catch up!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7RMmitoex0&feature=youtu.be

#8 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:00 AM

For some reason in Aussie it appeared as dark orange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users