I see several posts on AdwCleaner continually detecting files in 2 folders with productdata in the name
I have the same problem with AdwCleaner detecting 2 folders:
In the first folder there are 2 files: StatCache.db and un5Stat.ini. And in the second folder there's one file: update.spt and there's a lot of text in it. Here's a couple of lines:
So IOBit Uninstaller is responsible. I installed it yesterday after it was recommended and declared clean by ComputerActive magazine.
Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and Superantispyware don't object to these files, only AdwCleaner does. I also ran the three files through VirusTotal and not a single antivirus objected to it.
I'm tempted to think therefore that AdwCleaner is finding a false positive; nevertheless, I am uneasy that regardless of what I do (eg renaming folders), the 3 files regenerate.
I defer to the advice of contributors to this forum on whether or not to uninstall IOBit Uninstaller.
I've attached the 3 files as text files.
Edited by boopme, 24 September 2015 - 03:21 PM.