itsreallyCheryl, to Bleeping Computer Forums!
What you may want to do is first, download the most recent Ethernet driver that did work from your OEM, Realtek, or where ever you obtained it from. It could be that the OEM has updated Windows 10 drivers for your make/model of computer. If so, get the Ethernet driver from there for best compatibility.
Then using the Device Manager, uninstall that device, being sure to check the box that says 'Delete the software for this device' & reboot. Now, install the package that you downloaded, if needed, can install in 8.1 compatibility mode (this option is under Properties).
To help us serve you better, would you please post a Speccy snapshot of your computer's specs? We won't see the same personal information that you do, such as your Windows COA or IP address, these are filled with random data to protect your privacy. Here's the instructions, which will help if you provide the information.
- Go to Piriform's website, and click the big button.
- Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click thebuilds page link and download the portable version.
- You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
- After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
- Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
- Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
- You will see the following prompt:
- Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
- Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
- Congrats! You have just posted your specs!
See how easy that is?
Look forward to hearing back from you soon!
Edited by cat1092, 24 September 2015 - 08:52 PM.