Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An Odd Game Installation Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrClose

MrClose

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:44 PM

Well, I went and bought a new pc!

I had a post on here that dealt with my other pc which I finally decided couldn't be fixed.

Here is my question.

When the 'other' pc was working, I bought a Hoyle card and board game from Hoyle.

After paying them, they sent me an email with a link and key.
I was/ am allowed 3 downloads of the game.

Here's the problem:
The game worked great on the 'other' pc which was a windows 7 64 bit.

But when I downloaded the same game (from the same link that Hoyle sent me), the game runs fine .. except, only one of the games in the program will run and open in full screen!

This pc is a windows 8.1 64 bit.

I'm thinking that the download was corrupted in some way?

Or it could be that the game just wont run correctly on 8.1?
(Yes, I tried the compatibility mode)

The question:

I have one download of the game left.
Can I download the same game, onto the same pc (this one) without un-installing the other one?

I don't want to erase the other game because it is playable but I'd like to see if another download will fix the full screen problem?

Before you ask: I have contacted Hoyle's help and none of what they suggested that I try .. worked!

I have done search after search for solutions but there doesn't seem to be any, as far as fixing the game.

Your help is always appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

All those questions...sound as if they should be directed to program/game support, IMO.

Louis

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:37 PM

The game may be too old for 8.1. But that is rarer than you would think. Since the game runs at all, it is not likely an issue of a corrupt download, but a compatibility issue.

What are the specs for the current computer (the one that the game does not work on.)?

What are the specs for the old computer?

What did Hoyle's support ask you to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users