Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When a computer just meets the min. requirements just to run 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

When your computer only just meets the min. requirements just to run Win 10. One has to be very carefull what more they add to the load.  I have only installed a dozen programs and half of them are actually just tools just a few MB.  Yet that little bit of stuff has cut it's response times almost in half.

Simply opening task manager; settings; control panel @ takes several seconds with the blue whirligig going round and round.  I spend a good bit of time just trying to keep this thing running instead of being able to use and enjoy it.  I add some thing I have to remove something to keep the balance.

My best advise  about Win 10 make shuer You have a real computer!!!!

A HP 15-foo9wm is just not enough. 1GHZ cpu; 4 gb memory but a big slooow HDD.

The main reason I am determined to kill Cortana, that is more of a resource hog for me than everything else combined.

When it is running with all services and options for it turned off in settings it is using 40% CPU and 50 % memory.

What can it possibly be doing?  I do not even have a contact list or anyone I would even consider shareing anything with, closer than 5 miles.  So who/what is it trying to communicate with????

Edited by dannyboy950, 24 September 2015 - 01:40 PM.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:49 PM

I'm wondering if the computer has automatic backup and/or automatic sync hidden somewhere.  My Acronis True Image was doing that, services/disable took care of that.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

One of the problems with 10 is knowing finding out what actually has to run and what doesn't.

Everything is on and running by default but I am shure not everything has to be runing automatically.

I have looked at auto runs list but very little for 10 is actually covered.

I used to use Blackvipers list but it hasn't been updated past 7 I think I saw.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,747 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

One of the problems with 10 is knowing finding out what actually has to run and what doesn't.

Everything is on and running by default but I am shure not everything has to be runing automatically.

I have looked at auto runs list but very little for 10 is actually covered.

I used to use Blackvipers list but it hasn't been updated past 7 I think I saw.

Go into task manager and disable everything from running at start-up.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users