Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost my laptop's Private Network - HELP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 angerli

angerli

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

Hello, Friends!  I have a really pesky problem. I have Win 10 on both my laptop and my desktop. Somehow, in the last two days, the Private Network configuration on my laptop got screwed up and I have no Internet access. Here. on my Desktop, part of the same Private Network, all is well (thank goodness). Somehow, I cannot seem to set my laptop's network access to my main wireless router's Private Network params.

On my laptop, in Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center, I see: "Unidentified Network public network" on the left pane. on the right pane, I see "no network access" and WiFi (AC1Y/G5CPJ) as the access type. WiFi is the wireless router inside my laptop and AC1Y/G5CPJ is the name of the network account I established in the Wireless Router I have attached to my ISP. The network account IS private and IS passwork-protected.

On my Desktop, in Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center, I see in the left pane "AC1Y/G5CPJ Private Network" and in the right pane "Access Type - Internet, Homegroup - Joined, Connections - AC1Y/G5CPJ" Now, THIS is correct and working just as it should.

So....How do I get rid of the "unidentified network public network" on my laptop? Somehow, I have to make access to my Private network, but how? And, I seem to have lost the homegroup on my laptop, too. No idea how that happened. At least my laptop sees my AC1Y/G5CPJ network account on my main wireless router.

Please, gurus, where do I go in Control Panel on my laptop to set this right? I am really puzzles.

Thanks very much

Sandy Gerli

Mount Airy, NC

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 24 September 2015 - 05:12 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to 'Networkiing'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 angerli

angerli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:39 PM

Well...I may have figured out the problem. I decided to UNINSTALL the laptop's onboard wireless router, and then plug in my USB router I use on my desktop PC. The USB router was recognized right away and my internet connection came right up. Something tells me that the onboard wireless router in the laptop is a dead soldier. Going to see what's available out there in cyberspace.

Thanks for reading my post. I have this one nailed down now.

Sandy Gerli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users