Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Revo Uninstaller Settings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:29 AM

Trying to learn Revo and don't know what settings to use for Uninstall.

Want to Uninstall Java and now, Google Chrome.  Why Chrome you ask? well, Avast got me with their hidden install, and of course I was not reading through all that Disclosure info.  They Installed the 32bit version, and I have read that the 64bit version is more secure.  Why would a Security CO. do this? Money I guess.  Would be to much work to get the right one for people.

So what do I choose here, is it a standard just to use the Default Moderate, or do you guys use the Advanced?

1. Moderate - includes the Safe mode and performs an extended scan to find all of the

application's leftover information in the most common places of the Registry and on the
hard drive

Or

2. Advanced - includes the Moderate mode and performs a deep and thorough scan to
find all of the application's leftover information in the Registry and on the hard drive. This
is the slowest mode.

Thanks pcpunk

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

Your choice which one to use. I always use Advanced.

One thing to note, if asked after uninstall to reboot, say NO and click Next to find the leftovers.

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

If your JAVA is 64-bit, or in the future, anthing else is 64-bit, you will need Revo Uninstaller Pro.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:42 PM

Couldn't have asked for better information, thanks guys.  Was very surprised at the 64bit comment by RolandJS, I'm quite sure I got the Pro Trial, I am not at that pc now.  I also want to Uninstall ALL junkware that Toshiba Installs but don't have a backup drive to fall back on if things don't work.  I guess I'll live with ALL! of it.  You wouldn't believe how much stuff Toshiba Installs, wait, I guess you would LOL, you are computer techs.

Thanks for the help with my new install.  I'm quite happy because there was a Dell Install on there for some reason.  I got the pc used so don't know the history.  It did come with Toshiba Recovery Set, so when I reinstalled I saw that they were in fact Toshiba Disks made by Owner.  It really helped the performance.  And, at boot, the screen used to shutter, now it doesn't. :thumbup2:

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:28 PM

While JAVA is probably not 64-bit, any 64-bit software [program, etc.] needs Revo Uninstaller Pro  :)

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users