Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Query Host

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 littlewolf38

littlewolf38

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

hi i had just recently bought a dell computer from a friend with windows xp home edition. and was checking my ip configuration by running ipconfig /all through run cmd and got the error message an internal error occurred: the system cannot find the file specified. please contact microsoft product support services for further help.
additional information: unable to query host name.
can someone please help me with this problem

Edited by littlewolf38, 17 July 2006 - 09:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:16 AM

What kind of connection to the internet are you using?
Dialup, broadband - what kind of broadband?

Has this computer ever connected to your isp?

#3 littlewolf38

littlewolf38
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:36 PM

well my friend told me he had used dail up connection but when i tried to go online using dail up i heard the modem dialing but there wasnt any connection.........and no it has never connected to my isp.......... my broadband isp provider is comcast

Edited by littlewolf38, 18 July 2006 - 11:00 PM.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2006 - 03:11 PM

You need to connect the comcast cablemodem to your ethernet connection on the computer and then go to start/settings/network connections and use the wizard to set up your lan connection.

#5 littlewolf38

littlewolf38
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:53 PM

i tried it told me that there were internet connections unplugged how do i correct this

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:04 PM

Shutdown the computer.
Try rebooting the cablemodem. (unplug the cablemodem for a minute or more and then plug it back in).

Connect it directly to the ethernet port on the computer and then start the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users