Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forgot Windows Login INFO

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ocean77

ocean77

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:46 AM

I'm going to be helping a friend, but he does not remember User ID or Password for the computer. I know I'm going to probably reboot a couple times so I may need password (at least) to get back in. Is there a simple way to recover ID and or Password if it has been misplaced? Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:55 AM

It's against the forum rules to help people contravene security measures. Sorry mate.

#3 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:51 AM

I do apologize, I meant no disrespect to the fine people here at Bleeping Cmputer and I would never ask for help to sneak into someones' personal account nor would I think of doing it on my own.

My friend asked me if there was a way that we could find out his password and so forth because he did not write it down or save it any where. He said that he and his wife do not know a lot about computers so they are lost when it comes to even the basics.

I guess if I need to reboot while I work on their PC I will pray it will remain saved.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:56 AM

It's not an uncommon question, and not that I doubt your integrity. Though I'm sure you understand the policy.

(and maybe a bit of a search online might reveal some solutions for you) :thumbup2:

#5 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:30 AM

It's not an uncommon question, and not that I doubt your integrity. Though I'm sure you understand the policy.

(and maybe a bit of a search online might reveal some solutions for you) :thumbup2:

I may have forgotten to mention that at the present time they do have access to the computer, but they do not need the password because it has been saved. When they want to go on the computer they go right in. I'm only concerned that when I take the PC home with me and I do a little cleanup as far as Adware or updates that I may get locked out when I have to reboot.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:34 AM

You could always create a admin account for your use whilst you are working on the machine. Then remove it when you are finished.

To create a local administrator account, do the following:

• Choose Start, right-click Computer, and select Manage.
  • Expand Local Users and Groups, right-click Users, and then select New User.
  • Enter a User Name, Full Name, and Password.
  • Deselect the User Must Change Password At Next Logon option and select the Password Never Expires option.
  • Click Create, then click Close.
  • Right-click the user account name and choose Properties.
  • On the Member Of tab, click Add.
  • Type Administrators and click OK.
  • Click OK and close Computer Management.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:10 AM

Reset Your Windows Pasxword

A user who doesn't remember a "user ID" or a "password"...is certainly not typical of anyone who uses a system enough to own one, IMO.

The above link will not provide ability to override/work around any BIOS, hard drive, or other passwords implemented by an OEM (HP, Dell, etc.).

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 24 September 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#8 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:16 PM

I'm not quite sure what I am dealing with yet. I will be getting the lap top Friday at work and I will be working on it over the weekend. i am hoping I will be able to help out in some way. He told me that it has been running very slowly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users