I'm going to ask you to download ewido. You can download it here
* Install ewido security suite
* Ewido will automatically run at the end.
* The program will now open to the main screen.
* When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
* You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
o On the top row of the main screen click update.
o Then click on "Start Update".
* The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the top will display ("Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
ewido manual updates
Don't run it yet.
Reboot into SAFE MODE
By pressing the F8 key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer
beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar)
you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode.
Open Ewido anti-malware
Click on the scanner button in the top row.
* Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
* During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
* When the scan is finished, look at the bottom left of the screen and click the "Save Scan Report" button.
* Click on "Save Report As".
* Save the report to your desktop
Then I'm going to ask you to run Hijackthis, which you can download here
Then you are going to need to post that log you get (It will be in a text document. .txt) Then please copy and paste that into a new reply in the HijackThis board. One of our experts will then adress your problem further there
Do not post the results of the Hijackthis Log, until you give me the results of Ewido. The problem maybe able to be fixed just with the Ewido scan. If it isn't able to be resolved, then I will post back with further instructions.
Edited by Papakid, 18 July 2006 - 12:40 PM.