Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help an old fart

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silverback58

silverback58

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:17 PM

Hi All. thought it was about time I went digital. I bought a laptop with windows 8.1 and was a happy bunny. I then got a message telling me I could upgrade to windows 10. I thought to myself why not. So now Im running windows 10

can anyone tell me how I become the administrator?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:26 PM

G'day silverback58, and Welcome to BC !

from one old fart to another....

To enable the Windows 10 administrator account do the following:
  1. Tap on the Windows-key. ...
  2. Type cmd and wait for the results to be displayed.
  3. Right-click no the Command Prompt result and select "run as administrator" from the context menu.
  4. Run the command net user to display a list of all user accounts on the system.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2969-administrator-account-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html#option1

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 audiophoenix

audiophoenix

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:48 PM

If you are the original user on the computer you should already be an administrator. If you are not the original user, and you are not the administrator then you need to log in to the admin account and make the changes. If you 

If you are running windows 10 pro you can go to the windows start menu icon and right click, then go to computer management. 

Under local users and groups find groups. Under groups go to administrators and add yourself to that group.

If you are using windows 10 (non pro) then you can access the user accounts settings from the control panel instead. 

If you don't know the administrator account then you would need to Crack the password.

http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/win10-tips/crack-and-hack-windows-10-login-password.html#No.2

Edited by audiophoenix, 24 September 2015 - 02:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users