Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire L3600 PC not turning on

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tempy111

Tempy111

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:37 AM

I've been giving an Acer Aspire L3600 to look at. the problem right now is when you press the power button, a blue light flashes and turns off right away. the Fans don't power up, nothing does. internally, the light is labelled HDD so I thought it was the harddrive access light but probably doubles for power.

the CD drives orange light also flashes at the same time I've checked with a second harddrive.

Main thing that comes to mind is a short. But there doesn't appear to be one that I can see or find.

I've checked a second power supply but the same thing happens with that. The power supplies Green light is on, so the supply appears good anyway.

Right now, i'm close to righting it off as dead with an open verdict on the reason. Any ideas or anything else worth trying?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users