Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!!! --- HP Envy m7 Laptop (BRAND NEW) Already Overheating

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JHWKS4ME

JHWKS4ME

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

Hello.  I purchased what I thought to be an awesome new, desktop replacement-type laptop from BestBuy.com.  And it is pretty nice, except for the fact that it is overheating w/o my doing anything but browsing the web.  The surface on the top, left-hand portion of the laptop is so hot to the touch, that if left my hand there for more than a few seconds, I'd get burned.  And the bottom of the laptop is really very warm, as well.  I did some quick research and it appears that most all of the HP Envy laptops run extremely hot, so perhaps there's no real fix.  Some people have suggested a cooling pad, which I am open to, as well as replacing the thermal paste, which I don't want to do so long as the computer is returnable.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

P.S.-I downloaded a program called HW Monitor, took a reading and attached it below.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,039 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:57 AM

If this were mine....and there was any possibility of being hurt as a result of touching it for too long..........Take It Back !!

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users