Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Around in Circles! Cannot Install Windows 7 on Toshiba Satellite L50D-B

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:41 AM

Okay I have been going around in circles for days now and it's driving me nuts!

I have a Windows 7 Starter x86 ISO and I want to start from scratch, but upon installing it and restarting the computer it's stuck at Windows Logo. I manage to get back into Windows 10 for some reason, but for some reason Windows 7 just wouldn't get pass the logo. My RAM exceeds the recommended amount for it to be installed and my GPU is powerful enough to even run it. I think I have to tweak the BIOS a bit, but before I do it i'll post some info about it before continuing even further.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:03 AM

I just checked the BIOS and my Boot is set as UEFI there are two options UEFI & CSM then there is the boot order HDD at the bottom and USB up the top. 

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:10 AM

Are you trying dual boot win10 and 7 home starter? 

#4 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:16 AM

Erasing 10 Installing 7 Starter

I'm going to try through CSM and find a way i'll be back in two hours.

Edited by CodeSmasha, 23 September 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,574 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

The first thing I would do is manually delete all the partitions and format the drive with something like Gparted live.

But first, Why go back to Win 7 starter? Didn't that PC come with Windows 7 or 8?  If yes have you considered running Win 7 Starter in VM?

Is this the PC we are talking about?

http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/computers/satellite/l50/pskuca-01800sb/specifications

Edited by NickAu, 23 September 2015 - 05:44 AM.

#6 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:40 AM

That is correct.

Yes it originally came with Windows 8, but there were problems with it so I completely wiped it, and put Windows 10 on. 

#7 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,574 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:09 AM

My Opinion.

I don't think you can do that legally,  Win 7 starter is OEM right?  Unless I am mistaken, OEM software may not be transferred from one system to another.

My Advice.

Stick with Win 8 or 10.  Or a nice legal copy of Win 7 64 bit.

Can you even run Win7 starter 32 bit on that rig? and if you can why would you want to?

PS

If I am right then forum rules forbid this discussion going any further.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/

Best regards.

NickAu

Edited by NickAu, 23 September 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#8 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

I also have a genuine Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Disk that I brought a year ago. But as you suggested i'll stick with Windows 10. Yes Starter is an OEM, but I'd rather not go down that path now that you have reminded me. 

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

I hear by your rules and I shall follow them. You can delete the topic now.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:42 AM

Topic closed.

The comments by Nick regarding the legality of installing Win 7...is correct, such is forbidden by Forum Rules.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users