Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

use of cut and paste

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dbartal

dbartal

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:07 AM

I used cut to move a file and then did not do paste---but then the file disappeared and could not do paste--Did I loose it?

Danny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:58 AM

I have never heard of using "cut and paste" to move a file. But in any windows system the file will definitely still be there. If you accidentally deleted the file it should be in the recycle bin. All you have to do is scroll to start and click on it and then type in the name of the file.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 dbartal

dbartal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:46 AM

to be more accurate -- Iused "cut" ot move a folder with photos----did not succeed to paste it -- and then  possibility to paste disappaer  ---did I loose the  folder  ? I do not remember  the name of the folder --how do you I find it ?

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:51 AM

Are you sure that you used "cut?" If you used cut, then the original should still be there. I just tried it several times and hitting CUT does not remove the folder. But of course the folder is somewhere, but you really need to remember that folder name. If you are in Windows 10 this is real easy because as soon as you open file explorer you get a list of "RECENT FILES" that lists everything that you have accessed recently.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 dbartal

dbartal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:42 AM

THanks Rocky
Ifound my folder
Now I have another problem --I moved photos from Iphone 4 to the computer and cannot find them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users