Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus notebook problem ..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ter67

ter67

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

Hi folks thanks for all the help i got with the 1st post about the password .But i was wondering if anyone could help me with another problem that has arisen since then ,when i got this notebook/laptop there wasnt any power adaptor with it so i bought one for £12 and its running perfectly but one thing ive noticed is that it doesnt charge up the battery so i can use it without the power lead and ive went onto YT to check there videos out about the matter and everyone has a battery on the bottom that can be just clicked out easily ,but with mine its just a flat base and to see the batterry youd have to take the whole bottom of to see the battery but as i said i`m not to great with computers and was wondering if this is the right way to take the battery out ? hopefully someone can help me here as i`m totaly baffled by it thank you in advance to anyone who can help me .

Edited by ter67, 22 September 2015 - 06:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

If you give us the make and model of this notebook we can look up the manuals / data sheets to see how or if the battery comes out. And how old it is.

Two possibilities come to mind. One is the battery could be 'cooked', ie too old to hold charge. The other is one I have seen on multi-voltage multi-computer chargers, chargers which are designed to work with a wide range of different laptops. This type of charger has a 'select voltage' switch on it and as a safety measure the manufacturers set it to the lowest level. Again, the manual will tell you what the input voltage should be and if the voltage is significantly below this it may run the computer but not have enough volts to charge the battery.

It is a sad fact of life that after a while all batteries lose their efficiency and if this notebook is over three years old this is a real possibility.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users