Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows failed to start (Urgent!)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kienthucnet

kienthucnet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:41 AM

First of all, I know next to nothing about this subject, so if I post something seemingly ignorant or plain stupid, I'm really sorry.
I'm running Windows 7 32-bit on a 3 year-old Samsung laptop, with a i5 processor.
My computer was running really slow when I started it (from sleep mode) so I restarted it. No Windows Update was installed.
Windows then told me that it failed to start, directing me to either Startup Repair or Start Normally.
Starting normally didn't work. Startup Repair directed me to a blue screen (with green leaves on the right) and a cursor.
Recovery directed me to a nice green screen with 'Please Wait' in the centre. Didn't work.
After entering F8, Safe Mode/Last Known Good Configuration directs me to the Startup Repair/Start normally screen.
To top it off, the light on the HDD icon on the laptop is off.
My hard disk is dead, ain't it?
I really appreciate all help provided!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:03 AM

It's not completely dead (and maybe not dead at all) but it wouldn't get as far as the things you are saying if it was dead dead.

#3 kienthucnet

kienthucnet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:18 PM

Yes, Thank You, i've done.

Tags: windows 7, hdd, cach an file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users