Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

converting google docs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PGHinBKK

PGHinBKK

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:03 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to convert a Google csv (comma separated values) document to a standard Goodle-doc or Excel doc?

I'm new to Google and there may be a simple way to do this that I don't know of. If I can convert this csv sheet to an excel it woulod save me several hours of typing time...

Thanks

Edited by PGHinBKK, 21 September 2015 - 11:04 PM.

Life is strange......and then there's Thailand....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TangoKiloRomeoZulu

TangoKiloRomeoZulu

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:22 AM

You should be able to import the values from the CSV into a Google Sheet (I'm assuming this is what you mean by standard Google-doc). If this is what you're trying to accomplish you'll need to open a Sheet document then select File > Import. This Google Docs KB goes further in-depth with this issue.

If you're needing to import a CSV into Excel, please provide the edition (2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016) and I'll provide the necessary steps.

#3 PGHinBKK

PGHinBKK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:30 AM

VigilanteTech

The excel is version 2007.   OMG, I just solved it accidentally.....I went to the top of the screen, above the top edge of the doc, and got an option-window of 'Open with'...  I selected 'Sheets' and it re-opened in an excel sheet. 

I guess that's it....but I appreciate, as always, folks at BC being so helpful.

Thanks again.

Life is strange......and then there's Thailand....

#4 TangoKiloRomeoZulu

TangoKiloRomeoZulu

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

It was late when I replied to your post, so I was having trouble ascertaining what exactly you were trying to accomplish in which program. In any event, I'm glad to hear that you've gotten this taken care of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users