Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Network Available

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 m.garrett

m.garrett

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

Hello All,

First time user, so please excuse my ignorance. Been having a quite frustrating problem and I am about at my wits end. I have a Dell Inspirion and am working on Windows 10 at the moment.

The problem first began months ago, around the time my internet provide router was replaced, but I suspect that is not the problem. Basically, my internet connection is either non existant when I boot up, or will drop out after i have been using for any length of time.

The universal error that I get is "No Internet Available", and when I run the intrinsic diagnostic check, the same solution comes up; "Internet cable not connected or broken". Of course the first thing I did was purchase a new ethernet cable (highest cat available), and that does not solve the problem.

The only other common symptom before the net drops out is that it seems to happen when I a streaming video. Streaming music (Pandora, Future.fm), no problem. And even Youtube seems to be fine. But anything else like TED talks, Vimeo, and streaming sports seems to make it drop.

Instead of writing a novel of all the frustrating occurances, I've listed a few:

-on the login screen, the internet icon in the lower right had a red X. However, sometimes (this is intermitten) when I logon and wait a minute, the connection comes back.

-when net drops out, video stops and internet icon on the status bar (lower right) has a yellow triangle on the icon and says "limited connection" before turning red

-shutting down completely (not restart) computer and restarting sometimes fixes the problem

-checked network drivers and up to date

-Xbox hooked up to router works perfectly fine (had a connectivity test with internet provider and all seems fine)

-when internet does drop out and I shutdown, Windows shuts down, screen goes dark, but computer stays on for 1-5 additional minutes (indicator light on)

-performed full malware and virus sweeps and nothing found

-checked pin leads on old and new ethernet cable, and jack on the back of computer and all look okay (no damage jumps out)

And one more piece of information (this happened a short while after I wrote the other post). Internet dropped out, and I was so frustrated I immediately shut  the computer down. However, during shutdown I recieved and error message stating (I am paraphrasing the first line):

Cannot Shutdown, Applicaition Still Running

"The instruction at 0x00007FF7109FFE4E referenced memory at 0x00000000000000038.

The memory could not be read

Click okay to terminate"

Don't know if that has something to do with it or not

Thanks to any and all that can help me with this situation, I appreciate it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:54 AM

The first things that jumped out to me were, what makes you think it's not the new router? You said windows 10 but it's been doing it for months so you had windows 8 or 8.1 and it was doing it. It started when you got the new router. Have you tried streaming those things on the xbox? Just because it is working once in a while when you get on it doesn't mean anything since your PC will work at times too. Have you tried another port on the router with your new wire? That is just the first thoughts.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Dotch

Dotch

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

At which date has your router been replaced. And since when did you start using Windows 10?

What network adapter do you have, and what's the release date and version of the latest driver update?

#4 m.garrett

m.garrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:49 PM

Thank you for the responses, and I apologize for the delay in mine.

To answer the first question, I don't think it is the router becasue I have watched numerous hours of Netflix and Youtube via my xBox and never had a glitch. Also the wireless connection to my smart phone has worked perfectly fine (my computer does not have a wireless function). And yes, that's what kind of threw me off too, it happened with both windows versions, but seemed to be worse with 10. As for the part on the router, I've tried to run the computer in the 2nd - 4th position on the router and nothing happens. Seems like it must be in the 1st position. By the way, love the member pic.

For the second, the router was replaced sometime in late April/ early May (so you can imagine my frustration). I installed windows 10 perhaps one week after it was made available on the web (can't find the exact date). The network adapter I have is a Brodacom Netlink ™ Gigabit Ethernet installed 1/29/13 version 15.6.1.2

Many thanks yet again, this really helps out

#5 Dotch

Dotch

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:14 AM

Can you try and follow the instructions from here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19645189?pi21953=1#20827678

And give me feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users