Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Click Art Install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

Greetings.

I have a 3 CD pack of Click Art 40,000 by Broderbund. It's about 10 years old and have never had it on any computer. My O/S is Windows 10 up from 7 Pro. I put the #1 CD in and my computer recognizes it and I click on autorun. I get the pop-up asking allowance to make changes to my computer and it just runs and then stops running. There is no indication that anything is installed at all. Can this be done? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

It should be somewhere on your Pc

When it asks to make changes,do you allow it?

#3 reckonankit

reckonankit

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:42 AM

As you told that you are running windows 10 and CD were 10 year old so may be it not supported to windos 10 version. You can check your product details on clikc art official website  first

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:40 AM

You could try running the installer in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows (say Windows 98 or XP).  Instead of using Autorun, navigate to the CD in File Explorer.  Find the installer program and right click on it and choose Properties.

In the Properties window, choose the Compatibility tab.  Here you can either choose "Run Compatibility Troubleshooter" which will walk through some options to try to get it working, or manually choose "Run this program in compatibility mode for..." and choose an old version of Windows.

dboWwxD.png

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

Problem solved, Couple of things running in the background which I had to close. Thank You for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users