Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible infection and ensuring it was removed (Windows 7)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Elidibus

Elidibus

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:44 PM

Hello! I had a few strange things happen last night and I came here to see if I could get some advice on what to do next.

I was playing Fallout NV through my steam client when I got a pop-up box that told me that my steam account was active on another computer and that I should log in because steam can only run on one computer at a time. So, I did that, but my password didn't work. That's normal, because I can never remember my steam password. Anyway, I went to check my email for the night when I saw some scary stuff. Apparently, someone requested to change my steam password, as the verification code was sent to my email. Yahoo also showed that the verification code email had been read previously, which all ends up looking like someone got access to my email somehow. I dunno what it was specifically, but I locked my steam account and ran through several scans this morning.

*Edit* I forgot to mention a couple of things. My very first action was to run a Malewarebytes scan. Double clicking the icon on my desktop failed to launch the program, as did opening it manually and from my start menu. I then restarted my computer in safe mode without networking and Malewarebytes was able to run, but it was about a week out of date. Nothing was found on the scan. This is where it was getting late and I just shut down the computer to go to sleep. When i got up in the morning, I ran the scans on the next paragraph.

I used ADW Cleaner, TDSSKiller, JRT and RKill in that order, as I have a tiny bit of knowledge with those programs. I then scanned my system with Malewarebytes and it came back not finding any infections. My question is, is there anything else I can do to check to make sure the infection is cleaned up? I know the people here use a lot of different programs to diagnose stuff like that.

I also have all of the logs saved to my desktop if those will help you guys out.

Thanks again for the help! In the meantime, I'm going to use my wife's laptop and change my passwords.

Edited by Elidibus, 21 September 2015 - 01:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:37 PM

I think from what you report that you gave your steam account password to some other person. The steam account held your email address.

I think at this point what you need to do is not only change passwords but secret words or whatever else your email account asks for to verify you are you.

Same goes for your Steam account.

Are you able to run and update MBAM in regular mode now?

Run one more scan...Eset Online scanner.

Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window. (Eset can take more than an hour to run so plan accordingly)

• Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
  • Scan potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Elidibus

Elidibus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for the offer to help Buddy, I really appreciate it! I hadn't thought about changing my recovery questions and stuff, so I'll get right on that.

After running the programs I listed I was able to update and run MBAM. No threats were found after that scan, either. I'll come back in a few after the Eset scan is done, since it is my first time and it has to download a lot of stuff, I presume.

Thanks again!

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,192 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

The Eset scan can take more than an hour depending on computer resources and the amount of data/ files to be scanned.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Elidibus

Elidibus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:41 PM

Yea, the download failed at 60% the first time, but it completed after another few hours. Then, maybe when the scan was about 90%, I accidentally pressed the enter key to wake up my monitor and terminated the scan, so I'm currently scanning again. This could take some time. I saved the log from the time I cancelled the scan accidentally and it found some stuff. Should I post the second long when the scan is 100% complete along with the first one or will you need just the final 100% scan?

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,192 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:36 PM

I would like to see the results of both scans. You can find the results for the first by following the directions below if needed.

The ESET Online Scanner saves a log file after running, which can be examined or sent in to ESET for further analysis. The path to the log file is "C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt". You can view this file by navigating to the directory and double-clicking it in Windows Explorer, or by copying and pasting the path specification above (including the quotation marks) into the Start → Run dialog box from the Start Menu on the desktop.

Do this, too:

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

#7 Elidibus

Elidibus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

Ok, the scan is complete. I'll post the first scan results, the one that I accidentally cancelled.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cheat Engine 6.4\standalonephase1.dat    a variant of Win32/HackTool.CheatEngine.AF potentially unsafe application
C:\Program Files (x86)\Magestorm\Magestorm.exe    a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida.AAL trojan
C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe.10675.tmp    a variant of Win32/Bunndle potentially unsafe application
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM76.zip    Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm
C:\Users\All Users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM76.zip    Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm
C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe    a variant of Win32/AdkDLLWrapper.A potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\updates\3.3.1_30017.exe    a variant of Win32/AdkDLLWrapper.A potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\updates\3.4.2_37754.exe    a variant of Win32/OpenCandy.C potentially unsafe application

And here's the completed one.

C:\Users\All Users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM76.zip    Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm    
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cheat Engine 6.4\standalonephase1.dat    a variant of Win32/HackTool.CheatEngine.AF potentially unsafe application    cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Magestorm\Magestorm.exe    a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida.AAL trojan    cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe.10675.tmp    a variant of Win32/Bunndle potentially unsafe application    cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM76.zip    Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm    cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe    a variant of Win32/AdkDLLWrapper.A potentially unwanted application    cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\updates\3.3.1_30017.exe    a variant of Win32/AdkDLLWrapper.A potentially unwanted application    cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\updates\3.4.2_37754.exe    a variant of Win32/OpenCandy.C potentially unsafe application    cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Elidibus\Downloads\CheatEngine64.exe    a variant of Win32/OpenCandy.C potentially unsafe application    deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Elidibus\Downloads\rcsetup152.exe    Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application    deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Elidibus\Downloads\uTorrent.exe    a variant of Win32/Bunndle potentially unsafe application    cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Elidibus\Downloads\3DMGAME-Endless.Legend.v1.0.24.S3.Cracked-3DM\Endless Legend\steam_api64.dll    a variant of Win32/Packed.VMProtect.ABD trojan    cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Elidibus\Downloads\Undelete Plus 3.0.3.521 + Crack-ASA\Undelete_Plus_3.0.3.521\undeleteplus_setup_ask.exe    a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.G potentially unsafe application    deleted - quarantined
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\62AXOPQ5\update[1]    a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Perion.A potentially unwanted application    deleted - quarantined
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FZG8CKJ5\update[1]    a variant of Win64/Toolbar.Perion.D potentially unwanted application    deleted - quarantined
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\LIXMVQOA\update[1]    a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Perion.A potentially unwanted application    deleted - quarantined

I also ran CC cleaner as instructed. Freed up a surprising amount of space.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,192 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:59 AM

Use Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware in Advanced Mode to uninstall uTorrent and Spybot S&D. uTorrent is dangerous to use to download free, cracked and pirated stuff.

Spybot has long ago fallen out of favor of the security pros and interferes with malware removal.

Please post the THREE lists using CCleaner.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

#9 Elidibus

Elidibus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

Thanks again for your help. I hadn't heard that spybot had fallen off so much. I remember installing it way back when G4 TV was just called TechTV and that channel was about computers and stuff. I unstalled all programs as advised and will restart to remove the rest of them once I'm finished posting here.

Anyway, here's the Startup

Yes    HKCU:Run    CCleaner Monitoring    Piriform Ltd    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
Yes    HKCU:Run    DAEMON Tools Lite    DT Soft Ltd    "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -autorun
Yes    HKCU:Run    Dropbox Update    Dropbox, Inc.    "C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Local\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe" /c
Yes    HKCU:Run    LightScribe Control Panel    Hewlett-Packard Company    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
Yes    HKCU:Run    SpybotPostWindows10UpgradeReInstall    Safer-Networking Ltd.    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV\Spybot - Search and Destroy\Test.exe"
Yes    HKCU:Run    Steam    Valve Corporation    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
Yes    HKLM:Run    Acrobat Assistant 8.0    Adobe Systems Inc.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher    Adobe Systems Incorporated    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrobat_sl.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0    Adobe Systems Incorporated    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    AdobeCS6ServiceManager    Adobe Systems Incorporated    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\CS6ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
Yes    HKLM:Run    APSDaemon    Apple Inc.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    AVG_TRAY    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    DivXMediaServer    DivX, LLC    C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Media Server\DivXMediaServer.exe
Yes    HKLM:Run    DivXUpdate    DivX, LLC    "C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe" /CHECKNOW
Yes    HKLM:Run    EEventManager    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epson Software\Event Manager\EEventManager.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    iTunesHelper    Apple Inc.    "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    Monitor    LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\LeapFrog\LeapFrog Connect\Monitor.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    MSC    Microsoft Corporation    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
Yes    HKLM:Run    NvBackend    NVIDIA Corporation    "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Core\NvBackend.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    Nvtmru        "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Update Core\nvtmru.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    ShadowPlay    Microsoft Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\nvspcap64.dll,ShadowPlayOnSystemStart
Yes    HKLM:Run    StartCCC    Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\amd64\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
Yes    HKLM:Run    SunJavaUpdateSched    Oracle Corporation    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    SwitchBoard    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe
Yes    HKLM:Run    Ulead AutoDetector v2    Ulead Systems, Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\monitor.exe
Yes    HKLM:Run    VDownloader    Vitzo    "C:\Program Files (x86)\VDownloader\VDownloader4.exe" /silent
Yes    HKLM:Run    WinampAgent    Nullsoft, Inc.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe"
Yes    Startup Common    McAfee Security Scan Plus.lnk    McAfee, Inc.    C:\Program Files\McAfee Security Scan\3.11.149\SSScheduler.exe
Yes    Startup User    Dropbox.lnk    Dropbox, Inc.    C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe

My scheduled tasks.

Yes    Task    Adobe Acrobat Update Task    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
Yes    Task    Adobe Flash Player Updater    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Yes    Task    AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0-Sasha-Elidibus    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe -mode=scheduled
Yes    Task    CCleanerSkipUAC    Piriform Ltd    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes    Task    DropboxUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3984760284-1727322149-1382411560-1000Core    Dropbox, Inc.    C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Local\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe /c
Yes    Task    DropboxUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3984760284-1727322149-1382411560-1000UA    Dropbox, Inc.    C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Local\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes    Task    EPSON XP-410 Series Invitation {CB731676-476B-4196-AADD-89692FFCB956}    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION    C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\E_ITSLAE.EXE /EXE:"{CB731676-476B-4196-AADD-89692FFCB956}" /F:"Invitation"
Yes    Task    EPSON XP-410 Series Update {CB731676-476B-4196-AADD-89692FFCB956}    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION    C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\E_ITSLAE.EXE /EXE:"{CB731676-476B-4196-AADD-89692FFCB956}" /F:"Update"
Yes    Task    Game_Booster_AutoUpdate    IObit Information Technology    C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Game Booster 3\AutoUpdate.exe /AUTORUN
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore    Google Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA    Google Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes    Task    SidebarExecute    Microsoft Corporation    C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /addGadget
Yes    Task    TA Escalation Updater    Total Annihilation Universe    C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Total Annihilation\TA Escalation\updater.exe /silent
Yes    Task    {6E02FAEA-C533-429F-963F-307B8EE5F1C2}        C:\Users\Elidibus\Downloads\Word 2003 Portable\Word 2003 Portable\Microsoft Office Word 2003.exe
Yes    Task    {6FBCD8F6-7B85-4EA4-8686-F15DA1B39788}    Microsoft Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a D:\Setup.exe
Yes    Task    {BE7474E6-7D34-4F8E-9739-5595573024AC}    Microsoft Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a D:\autorun.exe -d D:\
Yes    Task    {D1C0F212-474F-4674-98FB-4387E42203D7}    Microsoft Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a D:\SETUP.EXE -d D:\

And programs installed.

7 Days to Die    The Fun Pimps    7/16/2015        
7-Zip 9.20        7/22/2013        
AC3Filter 2.6.0b    Alexander Vigovsky    5/5/2013    15.9 MB    2.6.0b
Adobe Acrobat X Pro - English, Français, Deutsch    Adobe Systems    7/16/2015    8.23 GB    10.1.15
Adobe AIR    Adobe Systems Incorporated    6/19/2014        13.0.0.111
Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard    Adobe Systems Incorporated    4/1/2014    4.48 GB    6
Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection    Adobe Systems Incorporated    1/10/2013    10.5 GB    6
Adobe Digital Editions 2.0    Adobe Systems Incorporated    4/26/2013    15.3 MB    2.0
Adobe Digital Editions 4.0    Adobe Systems Incorporated    5/11/2015    21.7 MB    4.0.3
Adobe Flash Player 19 ActiveX    Adobe Systems Incorporated    9/21/2015    17.4 MB    19.0.0.185
Adobe Flash Player 19 NPAPI    Adobe Systems Incorporated    9/21/2015    17.9 MB    19.0.0.185
Adobe Help Manager    Adobe Systems Incorporated    1/10/2013        4.0.244
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.12)    Adobe Systems Incorporated    7/20/2015    185 MB    11.0.12
Adobe Support Advisor    Adobe Systems Incorporated    3/16/2014        1.6.1.20120504
Adobe Widget Browser    Adobe Systems Incorporated.    1/10/2013        2.0 Build 348
Adobe® Content Viewer    Adobe Systems, Incorporated    6/19/2014        3.4.3
AdVenture Capitalist    Hyper Hippo Games    5/17/2015        
Age of Empires II: HD Edition    Hidden Path Entertainment, Ensemble Studios    6/19/2015        
Age of Empires III    Microsoft Game Studios    8/7/2014    2.11 GB    1.00.0000
Age of Empires III - The Asian Dynasties    Microsoft Game Studios    8/7/2014    851 MB    1.00.0000
Age of Empires III - The WarChiefs    Microsoft Game Studios    8/7/2014    800 MB    1.00.0000
AI War - Fleet Command    GOG.com    9/17/2015    322 MB    2.0.0.1
Amazon Kindle    Amazon    5/21/2015        
AMD Catalyst Install Manager    Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.    8/6/2015    33.5 MB    8.0.916.0
Apple Application Support (32-bit)    Apple Inc.    9/7/2015    96.0 MB    3.2
Apple Application Support (64-bit)    Apple Inc.    9/7/2015    109 MB    3.2
Apple Mobile Device Support    Apple Inc.    9/7/2015    27.9 MB    8.2.1.3
Apple Software Update    Apple Inc.    1/4/2013    2.38 MB    2.1.3.127
Arc    Perfect World Entertainment    3/24/2014        1.0.0.9668
ASIO4ALL    Michael Tippach    5/8/2013        2.10
Aslain's WoT Modpack version 4.5.6    Aslain    7/20/2015    41.1 MB    4.5.6
Audacity 2.0.5    Audacity Team    3/3/2014    45.5 MB    2.0.5
AVG 2012    AVG Technologies    4/16/2013        2012.1.2241
Banished 1.0.4        4/12/2015    170 MB    
Battle.net    Blizzard Entertainment    1/1/2015        
Belarc Advisor 8.4    Belarc Inc.    6/17/2015        8.4.0.0
BitRaider Web Client    BitRaider, LLC    6/8/2013        1.1.6.3
Bonjour    Apple Inc.    1/4/2013    2.04 MB    3.0.0.10
Borderlands    Gearbox Software    11/26/2012        
Brytenwalda version 1.40    Brytenwalda Dev.    2/15/2014    1.79 GB    1.40
calibre    Kovid Goyal    5/11/2015    169 MB    2.27.0
CCleaner    Piriform    9/21/2015        5.09
Cheat Engine 6.4    Cheat Engine    7/16/2015    31.0 MB    
Clicker Heroes        7/31/2015        
Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system    Microsoft Corporation    2/11/2015    65.5 MB    12.0.6514.5001
CPUID CPU-Z 1.72.1        6/17/2015    3.75 MB    
DAEMON Tools Lite    DT Soft Ltd    10/24/2012        4.45.4.0315
DH Driver Cleaner Professional Edition    Ruud Ketelaars    9/22/2014        Version 1.5
DHTML Editing Component    Microsoft Corporation    7/8/2015    554 KB    6.02.0001
Diablo II        12/20/2014        
DivX Setup    DivX, LLC    9/16/2014        2.6.3.88
Dropbox    Dropbox, Inc.    9/3/2015        3.8.8
EPSON Connect version 1.0    Epson America Inc.    2/4/2014    1.10 MB    1.0
Epson Customer Participation    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION    2/4/2014    3.43 MB    1.6.3.0
Epson E-Web Print    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION    1/16/2015    9.22 MB    1.21.0000
Epson Event Manager    Seiko Epson Corporation    1/16/2015    38.3 MB    3.10.0035
EPSON Scan    Seiko Epson Corporation    2/3/2014        
EPSON XP-410 Series Printer Uninstall    SEIKO EPSON Corporation    2/4/2014        
Epson XP-410 User's Guide version 1.0        2/4/2014    1.36 MB    1.0
EpsonNet Print    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION    2/4/2014        2.6.0
ESET Online Scanner v3        9/21/2015        
EVE Online (remove only)    CCP Games Ltd.    1/30/2013        
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes    Stardock Entertainment    7/18/2013        
Fallout Mod Manager 0.13.21    Q, Timeslip    7/13/2013    3.86 MB    
Fallout: New Vegas    Obsidian Entertainment    7/12/2013        
FileZilla Client 3.7.3    Tim Kosse    9/10/2013    17.6 MB    3.7.3
Game Booster 3    IObit    10/18/2012    14.9 MB    3.4
GameSpy Arcade        12/19/2012        
Google Earth    Google    6/2/2015    179 MB    7.1.5.1557
Hero Editor V0.96        2/20/2015        
iTunes    Apple Inc.    9/7/2015    238 MB    12.2.2.25
Java 8 Update 51    Oracle Corporation    7/24/2015    9.36 MB    8.0.510
Java 8 Update 51 (64-bit)    Oracle Corporation    8/9/2015    89.1 MB    8.0.510
K-Lite Codec Pack 9.9.0 (64-bit)        5/5/2013    48.6 MB    9.9.0
Kindle Comic Creator    Amazon    5/27/2013    41.0 MB    1.010
Kindle Previewer    Amazon    5/11/2015    175 MB    2.94
Kobo    Kobo Inc.    3/31/2013        3.2.0
League of Legends    Riot Games    3/31/2014        3.0.0
LeapFrog Connect    LeapFrog    2/17/2013        4.2.9.15649
LG United Mobile Driver    LG Electronics    4/16/2014    6.58 MB    3.10.1.0
LightScribe System Software    LightScribe    3/5/2013    25.1 MB    1.18.22.2
Magestorm        3/3/2014        
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.1.8.1057    Malwarebytes Corporation    9/1/2015    64.5 MB    2.1.8.1057
McAfee Security Scan Plus    McAfee, Inc.    8/3/2015    10.2 MB    3.11.149.2
MechWarrior Online    Piranha Games Inc.    9/22/2013    15.1 MB    1.4.3.0
Medieval II: Total War    The Creative Assembly    6/18/2015        
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2    Microsoft Corporation    1/22/2015    38.8 MB    4.5.51209
Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In    Microsoft Corporation    10/29/2012    7.95 MB    14.0.5130.5003
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003    Microsoft Corporation    10/29/2012    1.14 GB    11.0.8173.0
Microsoft Security Essentials    Microsoft Corporation    10/24/2012        4.1.522.0
Microsoft Silverlight    Microsoft Corporation    10/24/2012    50.6 MB    5.1.10411.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable    Microsoft Corporation    1/10/2013    298 KB    8.0.59193
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)    Microsoft Corporation    3/31/2014    3.00 MB    8.0.61000
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.4148    Microsoft Corporation    1/10/2013    788 KB    9.0.30729.4148
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161    Microsoft Corporation    7/18/2013    788 KB    9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729    Microsoft Corporation    1/16/2015    230 KB    9.0.30729
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17    Microsoft Corporation    11/19/2012    596 KB    9.0.30729
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148    Microsoft Corporation    1/10/2013    596 KB    9.0.30729.4148
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161    Microsoft Corporation    7/18/2013    600 KB    9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219    Microsoft Corporation    6/20/2015    15.2 MB    10.0.40219
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219    Microsoft Corporation    6/20/2015    12.2 MB    10.0.40219
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030    Microsoft Corporation    6/19/2015    20.5 MB    11.0.61030.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.60610    Корпорация Майкрософт    8/19/2015        11.0.60610.1
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.61030    Microsoft Corporation    6/19/2015    17.3 MB    11.0.61030.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501    Microsoft Corporation    6/19/2015    20.5 MB    12.0.30501.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) - 12.0.30501    Microsoft Corporation    6/19/2015    17.1 MB    12.0.30501.0
Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 Redistributable Package    Microsoft Corporation    2/14/2013        
MotioninJoy DS3 driver version 0.6.0005    www.motioninjoy.com    12/11/2012    3.90 MB    0.6.0005
Mount & Blade: Warband    Tale Worlds    2/20/2014        
Mozilla Firefox 40.0.3 (x86 en-US)    Mozilla    8/28/2015    85.2 MB    40.0.3
Mozilla Maintenance Service    Mozilla    8/28/2015    341 KB    40.0.3.5716
MSXML4 Parser    Microsoft Game Studios    12/19/2012    1.24 MB    1.0.0
Nero 12    Nero AG    3/5/2013    1.30 GB    12.0.02000
Nexus Mod Manager    Black Tree Gaming    7/17/2014    16.2 MB    0.51.0
NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver 340.50    NVIDIA Corporation    8/17/2014        340.50
NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 340.52    NVIDIA Corporation    8/17/2014        340.52
NVIDIA GeForce Experience 2.1.2    NVIDIA Corporation    9/19/2014        2.1.2
NVIDIA Graphics Driver 340.52    NVIDIA Corporation    8/17/2014        340.52
NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.13.1220    NVIDIA Corporation    2/20/2014        9.13.1220
Oblivion    Bethesda Softworks    1/29/2014        1.00.0000
Oblivion mod manager 1.1.12    Timeslip    1/29/2014        
Orcs Must Die!        10/24/2012        
PhotoImpact X3    Corel    9/5/2015    278 MB    13.0
Portal    Valve    11/26/2012        
Quest 5.6    Alex Warren    4/7/2015    82.7 MB    5.6
Razer Game Booster    Razer Inc.    11/18/2013    55.5 MB    4.0.68.0
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver    Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    10/24/2012        6.0.1.6196
Revo Uninstaller 1.95    VS Revo Group    9/22/2015        1.95
Robocraft    Freejam    5/17/2015        
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum    Atari    10/24/2012        1.00.000
RPG Maker VX Ace    RPG MAKER    3/3/2014    241 MB    1.01
RPG MAKER VX Ace RTP    Enterbrain    3/3/2014    194 MB    1.00
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion        10/24/2012        
SketchUp 8    Trimble Navigation Limited    1/28/2013    70.0 MB    3.0.16846
Software Updater    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION    1/16/2015    9.70 MB    4.3.3
Sphere (remove only)        3/2/2014        
Steam    Valve Corporation    10/24/2012    1.59 MB    1.0.0.0
System Requirements Lab    Husdawg, LLC    6/17/2015    562 KB    6.1.5.0
System Requirements Lab Detection    Husdawg, LLC    7/24/2015    619 KB    6.1.5.0
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Dragonborn © Bethesda Softworks version 1        5/5/2013    2.00 GB    1
This War of Mine    11 bit studios    11/22/2014    749 MB    1
Total Annihilation - Commander Pack    GOG.com    6/15/2014        
Total Annihilation Escalation Beta 6.8.1    Total Annihilation Universe    6/16/2014    587 MB    6.8.1
Total Annihilation Patch Resources v1.0    Total Annihilation Universe    6/16/2014    162 MB    1.0
U3Launcher    U3    3/28/2013    1.28 MB    1.0.0
Use the entry named LeapFrog Connect to uninstall (LeapFrog My Pals Plugin)    LeapFrog    2/17/2013        
VDownloader 4.1.1354.0    Vitzo Limited    7/16/2015    60.5 MB    4.1.1354.0
Visual Studio 2008 x64 Redistributables    AVG Technologies    2/19/2013    8.14 MB    10.0.0.2
Wacom    Wacom Technology Corp.    7/11/2014        5.3.3-3
Wacom Tablet    Wacom Technology Corp.    7/11/2015        6.3.11w3
War Thunder Launcher 1.0.1.465    Gaijin Entertainment    11/17/2014    8.01 GB    
WebTablet FB Plugin 32 bit    Wacom Technology Corp.    7/11/2015        2.1.0.7
WebTablet FB Plugin 64 bit    Wacom Technology Corp.    7/11/2015        2.1.0.7
Winamp    Nullsoft, Inc    10/24/2012        5.63
Winamp Detector Plug-in    Nullsoft, Inc    10/24/2012    75.0 KB    1.0.0.1
Windows Driver Package - Leapfrog (Leapfrog-USBLAN) Net  (09/10/2009 02.03.05.012)    Leapfrog    2/17/2013        09/10/2009 02.03.05.012
WinFF 1.4.2    WinFF.org    1/28/2013    34.8 MB    
WinPcap 4.1.1    CACE Technologies    3/3/2014        4.1.0.1753
WinRAR 4.20 (32-bit)    win.rar GmbH    11/12/2012        4.20.0
World of Tanks    Wargaming.net    9/11/2014    15.2 MB    
World of Warcraft    Blizzard Entertainment    10/18/2012        5.0.5.16135
World of Warships    Wargaming.net    3/13/2015    15.8 MB    
World Of Warships PublicTest version Alpha    Wargaming    8/19/2015    19.1 MB    Alpha

#10 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:34 PM

"...I accidentally pressed the enter key to wake up my monitor and terminated the scan..."  Yeah, I can relate; that's why I only press the Shift key to wake up the monitor, the Shift key sends no active command.

Edited by RolandJS, 23 September 2015 - 10:15 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,192 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

Suggest to Disable these Windows Startups: Use CCleaner by clicking on each item to highlight and then choosing either Disable or Remove or Uninstall on the right.

Yes    HKCU:Run    CCleaner Monitoring    Piriform Ltd    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
Yes    HKCU:Run    DAEMON Tools Lite    DT Soft Ltd    "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -autorun
Yes    HKCU:Run    Dropbox Update    Dropbox, Inc.    "C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Local\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe" /c
Yes    HKCU:Run    LightScribe Control Panel    Hewlett-Packard Company    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
Yes    HKCU:Run    SpybotPostWindows10UpgradeReInstall    Safer-Networking Ltd.    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV\Spybot - Search and Destroy\Test.exe"
Yes    HKCU:Run    Steam    Valve Corporation    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
Yes    HKLM:Run    Acrobat Assistant 8.0    Adobe Systems Inc.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher    Adobe Systems Incorporated    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrobat_sl.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0    Adobe Systems Incorporated    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    AdobeCS6ServiceManager    Adobe Systems Incorporated    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\CS6ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin

Yes    HKLM:Run    DivXMediaServer    DivX, LLC    C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Media Server\DivXMediaServer.exe
Yes    HKLM:Run    DivXUpdate    DivX, LLC    "C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe" /CHECKNOW

Yes    HKLM:Run    EEventManager    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epson Software\Event Manager\EEventManager.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    iTunesHelper    Apple Inc.    "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

Yes    HKLM:Run    Monitor    LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\LeapFrog\LeapFrog Connect\Monitor.exe"

Yes    HKLM:Run    ShadowPlay    Microsoft Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\nvspcap64.dll,ShadowPlayOnSystemStart

Yes    HKLM:Run    SunJavaUpdateSched    Oracle Corporation    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
Yes    HKLM:Run    SwitchBoard    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe

Yes    HKLM:Run    Ulead AutoDetector v2    Ulead Systems, Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\monitor.exe
Yes    HKLM:Run    VDownloader    Vitzo    "C:\Program Files (x86)\VDownloader\VDownloader4.exe" /silent
Yes    HKLM:Run    WinampAgent    Nullsoft, Inc.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe"
Yes    Startup Common    McAfee Security Scan Plus.lnk    McAfee, Inc.    C:\Program Files\McAfee Security Scan\3.11.149\SSScheduler.exe
Yes    Startup User    Dropbox.lnk    Dropbox, Inc.    C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe

Disable these Scheduled Tasks:

Yes    Task    Adobe Acrobat Update Task    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
Yes    Task    Adobe Flash Player Updater    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Yes    Task    AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0-Sasha-Elidibus    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe -mode=scheduled
Yes    Task    CCleanerSkipUAC    Piriform Ltd    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes    Task    DropboxUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3984760284-1727322149-1382411560-1000Core    Dropbox, Inc.    C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Local\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe /c
Yes    Task    DropboxUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3984760284-1727322149-1382411560-1000UA    Dropbox, Inc.    C:\Users\Elidibus\AppData\Local\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes    Task    EPSON XP-410 Series Invitation {CB731676-476B-4196-AADD-89692FFCB956}    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION    C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\E_ITSLAE.EXE /EXE:"{CB731676-476B-4196-AADD-89692FFCB956}" /F:"Invitation"
Yes    Task    EPSON XP-410 Series Update {CB731676-476B-4196-AADD-89692FFCB956}    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION    C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\E_ITSLAE.EXE /EXE:"{CB731676-476B-4196-AADD-89692FFCB956}" /F:"Update"
Yes    Task    Game_Booster_AutoUpdate    IObit Information Technology    C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Game Booster 3\AutoUpdate.exe /AUTORUN
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore    Google Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA    Google Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes    Task    SidebarExecute    Microsoft Corporation    C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /addGadget
Yes    Task    TA Escalation Updater    Total Annihilation Universe    C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Total Annihilation\TA Escalation\updater.exe /silent
Yes    Task    {6E02FAEA-C533-429F-963F-307B8EE5F1C2}        C:\Users\Elidibus\Downloads\Word 2003 Portable\Word 2003 Portable\Microsoft Office Word 2003.exe
Yes    Task    {6FBCD8F6-7B85-4EA4-8686-F15DA1B39788}    Microsoft Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a D:\Setup.exe
Yes    Task    {BE7474E6-7D34-4F8E-9739-5595573024AC}    Microsoft Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a D:\autorun.exe -d D:\
Yes    Task    {D1C0F212-474F-4674-98FB-4387E42203D7}    Microsoft Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a D:\SETUP.EXE -d D:\

Uninstall these programs:

AVG 2012    AVG Technologies    4/16/2013        2012.1.2241 (Or check for later edition) (Is it even getting daily updates?)

Game Booster 3    IObit    10/18/2012    14.9 MB    3.4

Java 8 Update 51    Oracle Corporation    7/24/2015    9.36 MB    8.0.510 (Old Java are malware magnets....most users don't need Java)
Java 8 Update 51 (64-bit)    Oracle Corporation    8/9/2015    89.1 MB    8.0.510

McAfee Security Scan Plus    McAfee, Inc.    8/3/2015    10.2 MB    3.11.149.2

Microsoft Silverlight    Microsoft Corporation    10/24/2012    50.6 MB    5.1.10411.0 (Or update)

Winamp    Nullsoft, Inc    10/24/2012        5.63
Winamp Detector Plug-in    Nullsoft, Inc    10/24/2012    75.0 KB    1.0.0.1

#12 Elidibus

Elidibus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:34 PM

Wow, Buddy! Thanks for all those suggestions. I figured I had some stuff going on that I could get rid of, but not anything like this. So, I guess that means everything checks out then? I've been afraid of keyloggers and I haven't loged into anything on this computer for a couple of days just in case.

#13 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,192 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:58 PM

Go ahead and use the computer. If you notice anything unusual like spam email being sent from your computer then let us know. Otherwise,

I think you are good to go. Happy surfin'....you're welcome

#14 Elidibus

Elidibus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:59 PM

Just wanna say thanks again for taking time out of your busy day to help a stranger. I really appreciate it :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users