Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireshark and winpcap on Win 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

I was at wirshark.org looking at getting it but since this pc of mine has limited resources I am not shure if or how well it would run on here.

While there I noticed that it has only been tested with win8. Has anyone tried it on 10 yet and your observations?

Developement seems to have slowed over the last couple of years while they merged with Riverbed Technologies.  They have some nice toys even one that will run off a usb thumbdrive a bit $$$$

At $698 @ a little to much for my blood. LOL

Since I am a little chicken I thought I would ask.

I am familiar with Ethereal and win Pcap on a wired network hopefully they won't be too different.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Not sure why it wouldn't run on 10 just fine. It's not like it's a virus, download it and see. If you don't like the way it performs uninstall it.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users