Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard not working properly - Intermitent issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dev1000

Dev1000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

Hi there!

It's my first time posting here on the forum. Hope I can get some help!

I have an intermitent issue on my keyboard. Every now and then when I turn my notebook on some of the Keys don't work.

It happens right from the start when Windows asks me to type my computer password.

When I try to type the password I press some of the Keys on the keyboard and nothing happens.

Even the "Enter" key sometimes is not working. But just some Keys don't work. Other Keys work fine.

Like "A" Works fine and "K" doesn't work.

Also, if I use the virtual keyboard all of the Keys work just fine.

So I'm afraid it's not a vírus as I guess it wouldn't work well that way either.

I already removed and reinstalled the keyword driver again and it didn't fix either.

It also doesn't seem that the keyboard is broken because sometimes it works just fine.

The issue is really intermitent.

Any clues?

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dev1000

Dev1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:43 PM

sorry, posted again by accident. Still needing the answer for this though!

thanks

Edited by Dev1000, 21 September 2015 - 06:44 PM.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Second, when posting it helps if you give the make and model of your computer and what operating system it is running.

As for your problem, keyboards are finicky things and vulnerable to spills and dust or dirt getting into them. The simplest way to see if it is a physical/electrical/mechanical problem with your keyboard is to connect an external USB connected one and see if the problem continues

If the problem continues, then it is almost certainly not with the keyboard itself. If it doesn't continue, then it probably is a faulty keyboard. The consolation factor here is that if it is, laptop keyboards are not that expensive and are reasonably - mostly - easy to fit. So try a USB connected one and see what happens. If you don't have one or can't borrow one they are pretty cheap items.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 Dev1000

Dev1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:53 PM

Hey, many thanks for the reply Chris.

This is very helpful!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic