Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clean install without misc. programs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arkredneck

Arkredneck

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:29 PM

I'm planning a clean install and have the discs.  I would like to remove programs like Office, Norden, etc. from the DVD's before I install.  Is there a way I can delete from the discs before I install windows.  Otherwise I have to uninstall after installing windows and that is not the clean way.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:11 AM

OEM discs are setup or bundled with certain 3rd party softwares for marketing, partnership and promotions for revenue purposes. The only way to have a standalone windows installer bloatware free is using/purchasing the Retail Full version. There is not a method I know of that can alter this kind of installers so you just have to remove them manually by a Control Panel Removal tool.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/crapware-why-manufacturers-install-it-and-what-you-can-do-about-it/

Tekken

#3 Arkredneck

Arkredneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

Thanks.  That was what I was afraid of...

#4 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

Hello Ark,

It's really not a big deal to get rid of the added software on an OEM disk.  The problem is all the windows updates you have to install to get current.  It's a bit time consuming.

If you have the OEM disk, just do the install, then do all your windows updates.  Use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of unwanted software once you are current.  I recommend AVG or AVAST if you want a free antivirus solution.  If you are willing to pay, use Emsisoft!!!  

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users