Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install any malware programs, something is eating up all my memory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sh1ftd

sh1ftd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

I've searched far and wide for a solution to my problem and haven't had any luck.

I have some sort of virus or malware that will not let me install ANY malware programs. I recenetly installed a new SSD on my laptop and recently it has been running pretty slow. I thought I had installed malwarebytes on it, but when I went to run a scan I realized I hadn't. Now I can't seem to run ANY anti virus/ malware installer. The only things that install is the super anti spyware free edition but that's not picking up whatever is causing my issues. Chrome has stopped working all together andany videos on firefox are very glitchy.

Stats:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    ESMT5
System Manufacturer    LENOVO
System Model    Lenovo IdeaPad Y580
System Type    X86-based PC
Processor    Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    LENOVO 5DCN37WW(V2.04), 6/5/2012
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name    esmt5\easymoneytrey5
Time Zone    Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    2.91 GB
Available Physical Memory    1.30 GB
Total Virtual Memory    5.83 GB
Available Virtual Memory    4.08 GB
Page File Space    2.91 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

Hello try to run RKILL
Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
    • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
    • If using Vista/Windows7, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
    • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
    • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
    • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
    • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
  • Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users