Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome affected Browser Hijack Sirefef BSOD notices

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 robjamco

robjamco

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:04 PM

HI BC, 
I am at wits end dealing with this and as a "self-help website" advised.(and what  I am doing)..I am seeking professional help. Attached are a couple screenshots of different scenarios encountered.  It seems based on the Chrome browser..but hell what do I know?  I want to thank-you for any help or assistance you may provide in advance. I know this is a process that must be followed precisely and will do my best to follow all advice from your staff.

And like someone wiser than me once told me..

"Ya didnt dig this bleep hole overnight and it aint gonna be fixed overnight either..."  

I eagerly await any assistance you may provide

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PRECISION-PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Precision WorkStation T5400
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Xeon® CPU           E5405  @ 2.00GHz, 1995 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A11, 4/30/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Precision-PC\Precision
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.18 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 14.1 GB
Page File Space 8.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Attached Files

• Attached File  ss1.png   673.79KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  vss.png   362.28KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:16 PM

You have a reply regarding this duplicate topic in the BSOD forum. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589384/blue-screen-pop-ups/

Please continue there. If the BSOD team determine that malware may present or causing your issue. Then you can ask to have this topoic reopened. Or start a new topic in this forum with a link to the BSOD topic.

At least for now to avoid confusion for yourself and those trying to help you. This topic is closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users