Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sfc scannow test fails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leis

leis

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

Issue of scannow test has resulted with files that can't be repaired.

In going to the CBS log is off limits, as I'm not sure of how I can take ownership of the file to at least open the text file. And when I just now copied from Microsoft site of finding the sfc details, it worked fine and put it directly on the desktop with sfcdetails named-even, but when I open it, nada-nothing, and that's strange.

If there are any helpful suggestions on this,I appreciate it.
As an aside, I have other thread of taking ownership of registry key. And I attempted the same procedural of taking ownership of the CBS log but it's kind of going in circles (for me or from me), and further, since windows 10 advertised and reserved-copy from selected updates, I have since deleted those and that could be some of the repair that the check disc can't repair-files(?).

If I put in the disc to repair, would that mean, necessarily, that windows 10 updates (or for getting windows 10 in the form of KB security updates) would start all over again?

Thanks,

leis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leis

leis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

This thread can be closed.(After all . . . )

I think this Windows 10 upgrade stuff is why in the first place, these problems sprang up just as fast as this wonderful Win. 10. did. Well, I for one don't want it. And by sneaky updates to the effect of having it on my computer's why now the malfunction. Other sites I'm asking will it be practical to reinstall windows 7 if win. 10 upgrades and the like, will be planted on it (again)? Let's keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Edited by leis, 26 September 2015 - 06:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users