Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adblocking... what to keep and not to keep?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Victor2K

Victor2K

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

I know that ad blockers aren't anti-virus and anti-malware, but did not knew any place where I could post a thread about them.

With the trend of adblockers and websites trying to keep people not to use them on their websites (and the fear of being caught at some malvertising thing), I would like to get to question to the experienced fellows of this board.

Is that necessary for us all the time to keep the adblockers on?

What to keep blocked? What not?

How to surf safe in the Internet with or without them and not fear an exploit install a fearsome malware into your machine?

Well, just because I am reading stuff about that now and the doubts are mounting into my head...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

Besides wanting to put food on website owners tables, any particular reason you would want to get ads?

If you feel the irresistible urge to see some ads, Adblock Plus does include an option to allow some non-intrusive advertising:

45d8dv.png

WX8F6Y.png

Edited by Phantom010, 21 September 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#3 Victor2K

Victor2K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:01 PM

Mine is already configured that way

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

How to surf safe in the Internet with or without them and not fear an exploit install a fearsome malware into your machine?

If you meant of having adblockers plugins installed on browsers or not for computer users, the chances are some sites display ads that populate most of the webpage not including some popup ads. It is better if you have one installed such as Ublock origin. It would be much better if you let the plugin use the default settings unless you knew of the website content or becomes broken of which you would need to allow by configuring.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users