Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD after waking from sleep Win7x64 Ultimate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 celticdragon

celticdragon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

I just upgraded an old laptop of mine: Asus x83v, which used to run Vista.

Specs:

New 750 gb SATA HD

4 gb RAM

NVidia GeForce 9600M GS

Asus N80VB motherboard 60-NSVMB1000-A04

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 Ghz

I bought a new hard drive and did a clean install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. All drivers updated to the best of my knowledge and everything worked fine except when I put the computer to sleep. When I wake it up from sleep, it goes to the login screen. After I enter my password to log into Windows it will freeze and give me a BSOD. This issue does NOT occur upon hibernating / wake from hibernation. Nothing happens until I try to login to Windows... I can leave it sit on the login screen for a while.

After 2 days of searching the internet and trying about 100 different suggested fixes for this problem I decided to wipe the whole drive and do a clean install again, now attempting to sleep before even installing any updates, drivers, etc to see if I could find the source for the problem. It does this right off the bat after Windows is installed, so it doesn't seem to be related to any drivers installed afterward.

Also, the BSOD does not generate a minidump. I have made sure that all the settings are correct for a dump to be generated, but it doesn't make one. Here is a photo of the BSOD event.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5MU_Qwn8fXiVGJZVGRWb0YtMUU

Here is what I have done:

Run chkdsk on the entire hard disk. No errors.

Run Windows Memory diagnostics tool. No errors.

Installed the Windows hotfix KB97718, which is supposed to solve this exact problem.

Flashed the BIOS to most current version.

Updated chipset drivers.

Run driver verifier... no bluescreen was generated during normal use of the computer.

Removed memory sticks and tried booting / sleeping with each one individually in each memory slot individually to see if a particular slot or stick was at fault. Bluescreen every time regardless of stick or location.

Defragmented hard disk.

Hybrid sleep on / off: when off, BSOD as listed above. When on, crashes, then tells me that the hibernate files were lost.

So frustrated :(

Here is the Sysnative BSOD generated zip file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5MU_Qwn8fXiWXFla1ZGN1RNVmc/view?usp=sharing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 celticdragon

celticdragon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:04 PM

Here's everything from my event log as well. It's a sea of errors.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5MU_Qwn8fXiYnJRQkxjSUY5X3c/view?usp=sharing

#3 scotv

scotv

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:26 AM

your event log hanged my laptop on event viewer  :lmao:

data inpage error is mainly a defective hard drive error which supports the fact that you bought a new hard drive!

You have mentioned that you have already processed solutions mentioned on various support websites like toms hardware or MS forums for that matter so i suggest you take this hard drive to your seller and ask him to replace this piece or if you got it online simply get it replaced.

did you try these

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/188095-bsod-after-waking-up-sleep.html

Nonetheless it definitely is an issue with faulty hard drive so get it replaced without delay. check the replaced hard drive at same time and see if the bsod goes away.

Scot V

Marketing Head

Member- DSIM

Fastest Web Browser for Windows

#4 celticdragon

celticdragon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:16 AM

Thanks. Yes, I tried those driver fixes as well, the first time around. No dice.

I will have to send the hard drive back to Newegg for a replacement. Hopefully they don't take too long.

If this really is a hard drive issue can anyone tell me why chkdsk didn't turn anything up?

#5 scotv

scotv

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:29 AM

I have really never trusted windows chkdsk. I have faced BSOD many times on my laptops or work station PC and many other systems owned by friends.

Chkdsk never really shows conclusive results or rather mostly no results.

I have always relied on online forums like bleeping computer to sort out such issues, learning from others.

Keep us updated if a new replacement HD resolves your issue. 

Scot V

Marketing Head

Member- DSIM

Fastest Web Browser for Windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users