Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen of death after I removed a virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spaceman_

Spaceman_

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:05 PM

Hey guys. After removing a virus from my computer every time I login after a minute it comes up with a blue screen saying that windows shut down. I have no idea what this means and I'm looking for ways to fix this. Any help Is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ste2ph

Ste2ph

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:42 PM

Can you read whats on the Blue Screen or does it just flash?

#3 Spaceman_

Spaceman_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

Can you read whats on the Blue Screen or does it just flash?

Yes I can read it. It says "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage". Happens after about a minute when I login to the computer. I can open programs and what not in that time before the bluescreen but when it comes up it freezes my mouse and I have no choice but to shut down or restart the computer.

Edited by Spaceman_, 20 September 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#4 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:24 PM

Hi Spaceman_ ^_^ & Welcome to the forums,

Kindly follow the below instructions and attach the ZIP file so that we could see what the problem is -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

In case the system crashes before the tool completes, please run the tool in Safe Mode. And how did you remove the virus?

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#5 Spaceman_

Spaceman_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:03 PM

Kindly follow the below instructions and attach the ZIP file so that we could see what the problem is -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

In case the system crashes before the tool completes, please run the tool in Safe Mode. And how did you remove the virus?

-Pranav

Hi, thanks for helping me out blueelvis. I removed the virus with Panda Antivirus,then I checked with spyhunter and apparently massive amounts of adware and malware files are still here but they're not actively doing anything at all. Also When I try to run the perfmon /report comand in cmd.exe, Resource and performance monitor opens and says "An error occured while attempting to generate the report. The system cannot find the path specified" Sorry if I did something stupid :P

Also, can't I restore my computer to a date before this happened? Would that work?

Edit: Well that restore fixed everything, thanks for helping me out anyways guys I really appreciate it.

Edited by Spaceman_, 20 September 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#6 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:42 AM

-Pranav

Hi, thanks for helping me out blueelvis. I removed the virus with Panda Antivirus,then I checked with spyhunter and apparently massive amounts of adware and malware files are still here but they're not actively doing anything at all. Also When I try to run the perfmon /report comand in cmd.exe, Resource and performance monitor opens and says "An error occured while attempting to generate the report. The system cannot find the path specified" Sorry if I did something stupid :P

Also, can't I restore my computer to a date before this happened? Would that work?

Edit: Well that restore fixed everything, thanks for helping me out anyways guys I really appreciate it.

Oh that's nice. Thanks for letting us know :)

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users