Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Congfiguring Keyboard Special Buttons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 njphotshot

njphotshot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:43 PM

Can any one help?

I have an HP computer at home and an older compact at my office. I recently wanted to reconfigue the special keyboard button that opens my internet connection. I cannot find a menu tab under keyboard properties marked buttons on either computer. I configued this to run before and checked my owners manual which says that the tab marked buttons is listed in keyboard properties, but it is not there. It is also no longer available on 3 of our 4 workstations at our office. All of these have windows XP Home. How can we restore this feature

Thanks
NJP

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description and moved post to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 17 July 2006 - 05:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:25 PM

Keyboards with specialized buttons usually require specialized drivers. Windows XP tends to use its own generic drivers for devices like keyboards and mice. Try visiting the manufacturers website and searching for the drivers for you keyboard model. Then install the drivers and reboot. HP Drivers Website

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 17 July 2006 - 05:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users