I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.
Around here they call me Gringo
and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important -->
Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!
- Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
- We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
- Please read every post completely before doing anything.
- Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
- Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
- A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.
At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic"
Button, make sure that the "Receive notification"
box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly"
- This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE:
Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE:
It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad
. Please remember to copy the entire post
so you do not miss any instructions.
.uninstall some programs
First thing we are going to do is to uninstall some programs that I see listed, you can do this from the control panel - For (XP) it is called "Add/Remove"
and in (Vista and later) it is called "Program and Features"
* or you can use a program called Revo uninstaller to uninstall them
- Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free
- Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
- From the list of programs double click on The Programs listed above one at a time
- When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes.
- Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
- The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
- when the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next.
- Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next.
- Check/tick the bolded items only on the list then click Delete
- when prompted click on Yes and then on next.
- put a check on any folders that are found and select delete
- when prompted select yes then on next
- Once done click Finish.
.Clean Out Temp Files
- This small application you may want to keep and use once a week to keep the computer clean.
Download CCleaner from here CCleaner
- Run the installer to install the application.
- When it gives you the option to install Yahoo toolbar uncheck the box next to it.
- Run CCleaner. (make sure under Windows tab all the boxes of Internet Explorer and Windows explorer are checked. Under System check Empty Recycle Bin and Temporary Files. Under Application tab all the boxes should be checked).
- Click Run Cleaner.
- Close CCleaner.
.: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware :Install Malwarebytes Antimalware
1.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware at Malwarebytes
2.After downloading, double-click the downloaded file to get started.
if the User Account Control dialog appears.
4.The installation wizard will now appear to guide you through the upgrade process.
5.Click on Next
6.Review and accept the license agreement, then click Next
7.Review the latest changes made to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Next
8.Choose where to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Next
9.Choose whether or not to have a Start Menu entry and its name, then click Next
10.Choose if you want a desktop icon, then click Next
11.Review your installation choices, then click Install
12.The wizard will begin to install the files.
13.After upgrading, you will have the option to enable a free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.
To see a video on how to do this - https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/entries/44648553Now lets run a scan
1.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now
2.After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now
3.If an update is available, click the Update Now
4.A Threat Scan will begin.
5.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections,verify that everything has been selected (All boxes on left have a check mark)
**Note** If they are to many to check then you can put a check mark in the very top box and this will select them all
6.click "Remove Selected"
to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
6.In most cases, a restart will be required.
7.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.Get the report
1.After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
2.Click on the History
tab at the top
3. Click on the Application Logs
at the left
4.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
6.Click 'Text file
7.In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop
8.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
9.A message box named 'File Saved'
should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
11. Attach that saved log to your next reply.