Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SW Synth keeps muting itself

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

I have had this problem in my Windows 98 machine as well, I go to play a .mid file or play a game with midi in the game, and the midi file does not play, it shows as it is playing in Windows Media Player but no sound. I look at the volume control and see that 'SW Synth' is muted. and I volume up it and I am good to go. But the next midi file I try to play whether it is right away or an hour later, SW Synth is muted again. It doesn't do this always but enough to cause frustration, and what I mean by muted is not that the 'mute' checkbox is checked, but the volume slider is all the way down. This problem is unheard of to various search engines including Google and Yahoo. Results for muting it manually only display, nothing in regards to it muting on its own by the volume slider being to the bottom.

Edited by Sylveon Fetish, 20 September 2015 - 06:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:09 PM

I would uninstall the audio drivers...then reinstall same.

Louis

#3 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:31 AM

I have seen programs and games that will make this change (over and over again) on you. So like, you run a music player or an audio editor or a game, and IT changes your windows volume controls to mute (or set to 0) the midi channel or the mic, etc.  (in this case) When you find the program responsible, you can sit there and change the volume settings in the program/game and actually watch the windows volume controls at the same time and see them go up and down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users