Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot add to favorites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rayal49

Rayal49

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:19 AM

I have yesterday done a clean install of windows 7,allowed it to update and configure. However I now have a problem with IE11.I cannot add to favorites. When I go to C\ users\ favorites  folder it shows in properties "Read Only". Tried changing attribute, but seems to go back to "Read Only".

I have tried several solutions found on internet-all to no avail, however when I tried one using Admin Command prompt -It returned "Specified File Not Found" 

Does anyone have a resolution to this problem?

Thank you

Rayal49

Rayal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

According to Microsoft you should do the following.

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar. Click the down-arrow next to Add to favorites, and then select Import and export. Click Import from another browser, and then click Next. Select the browser or browsers you want to import favorites from, click Import, and then click Finish.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users