Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

64 bit web browser for windows vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ragnuts

ragnuts

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:22 AM

Does anyone know of a 64 bit web browser that will work with my 64 bit vista pc? I been looking around and I am finding most of the 64 bit browsers support windows 7,8,8.1 & 10 and really can't find any that supports vista. There are a lot that support vista 32 bit but again my pc is a 64 bit and that is what I prefer for a browser. I would appreciate someone sending a link to me so I can download it. My pc is fast with IE9 but would nice to make it faster and have a better browser. Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:10 PM

As far as I know this one works fine with Vista x64: http://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-win64.shtml.

If you're interested in using the Flash plugin though, looks like you're out of luck.  For Windows(x64), the plugin will only work on Win7 and up.

See #3 in the numbered list on the download page.

#3 ragnuts

ragnuts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:25 PM

Thank You FlannelBack for the reply and info on 64 bit web browsers. I am so frustrated why the major web browsers wont support windows vista 64 bit, when there are still a lot of people still using XP. On the other hand I do know why the major browsers don't support vista. IT HAS TO DO WITH MICROSOFT. IF PEOPLE WANT A 64 BIT WEB BROWSER THEN THEY WILL HAVE TO BUY A VERSION OF WINDOWS 7/8/8.1 OR NOW 10 AND THIS WAY MICROSOFT AND WINDOWS MAKE MORE MONEY.

MAYBE BILL GATES WANTS TO GO ON VACATION WITH HIS FAMILYY AND NEEDS EXTRA MONEY. Hotels and the cost of gas are not cheap.

I DO KNOW THIS FOR SURE,,WHEN IT'S TIME FOR ME TO GET A NEW COMPUTER

<<<<<<I AM GOING WITH <<<MAC>>> I AM GETTING TIRED OF THE GAMES MICROSOFT AND WINDOWS PLAY AND MAC MAKES A BETTER COMPUTER ANYWAY. I KNOW THEY COST MORE MONEY.  <<<BUT REALLY IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT>>

DO THEY REALLY COST MORE MONEY???????????????? SO MICROSOFT, & WINDOWS YOU CAN STUFF YOUR PC'S WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. SINCERELY RAGNUTS

#4 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

I suspect fewer browsers support Vista(x64) because of video drivers for 64-bit systems.

As for Pale Moon, it is a fork of Firefox pre Australis.

When it comes to MACs, I'm sure Apple will be glad to sell you one.  Personally, I've had 3, they were very good at collecting dust, for me anyway since they were rarely used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users