Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook says I might be infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 RaineyDawn

RaineyDawn

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:25 PM

First I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right thread - I'm sorry if I am.

Secondly I'm not sure if Bleeping Computer can help me with this issue.

Third: Here's the problem: I can't seem to get past this  message that I *might* have a virus or malware on the computer.  Facebook won't let me post  videos from YT, Vimeo or Dailymotion suddenly.... and they are partnered with FB.  I simply cannot post links to FB from any source (from CNN to Youtube)  This is "out of the blue".

Here's the message:

11998990_469693966543768_793439300657666

It's definitely FB -- https://www.facebook.com/  (my username) in the address bar.

I have downloaded and ran all the "anti" programs and such that FB has said to run from here:

https://www.facebook.com/help/389666567759871

(4 of these are from FB's suggestion) I've tried: IOrbit Malware Fighter,  MS Security Essentials, RKill, TDSSKiller, JRT, Adwcleaner, RougeKiller, ESET Scanner, Trend Micro Housecall, F-SecureOnlineScanner, Malwarebytes.

I've cleaned the PC with Advanced SystemCare 8, CC Cleaner, Glary Utilities 5.

I've tried removing the browsers and reinstalling them - twice!

I've even gone so far as to use System Restore (knowing it does not work for viruses, malware and such)

I'm "dumb" when it comes to which is the best choice for virus/malware removal.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Any suggestions will be appreciated.  FB won't let me post links from news stories to YT videos.

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Budapest, 19 September 2015 - 11:38 PM.
Moved from General Security ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:49 PM

Hi RaineyDawn,

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer Forums.

Firstly Bleeping Computer Does NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.

What browser you using? Did you try different browser? 

It looks the case of Browser Hijack or malicious extension/addon installed in your browser.There can be possibility of malware in your PC

I Suggest you to create topic in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Make sure to read the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Tenis

#3 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:36 PM

Have you tried Junkware Removal Tool?

You can get it here from this website provided by BleepinComputer: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

What this will do is delete browser history, adware, browser hijackers and such, although a very high success rate this might fail, but feel free to give it a go if you want to.  :) 

Like Tenis said you should create a new topic in the:  Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs so the "Malware Response Team" can further look into this.

Have a nice day!  :)

#4 RaineyDawn

RaineyDawn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

I'm using Firefox mainly I get this same message from Chrome and IE - so it's not strictly hooked to Firefox.

I've tried the JRT... but still no luck.

I will recreate this in   Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs  then.

I will also read the read the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help first!

Thanks for the help!

#5 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:03 AM

You are kindly welcome my friend.

#6 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• 1,219 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

Please let me know after you done creating new topic there.

#7 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• 1,219 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:40 AM

Your new topic is here.

To avoid confusion this topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users