Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore System

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lockman

lockman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

I accidentally removed a couple of programs from my add or remove program and noticed I had a few programs that would not operate again. I tried to restore but it keeps coming up as restore incomplete I tried each day on different restore points but same thing Incomplete. I went to safe mode and still the same problem any help would be appriciated

Edited by jgweed, 17 July 2006 - 04:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:54 PM

Try your earliest restore point.

If that won't work you will probably have to reinstall the programs.

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:12 PM

If you have un-installed the programs using System Restore might not bring them back. Just re-install and be done with it.

#4 Susann

Susann

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:39 PM

I accidentally removed a couple of programs from my add or remove program and noticed I had a few programs that would not operate again. I tried to restore but it keeps coming up as restore incomplete I tried each day on different restore points but same thing Incomplete. I went to safe mode and still the same problem any help would be appriciated

Your system restore will not work until you re set it, by going to syst restore >sys restore settings put a check in turn off sys restore on all drives.
restart computer>go back to system restore>syst restore settings>take the check out now system restore should work again as before, but remember by resetting your system restore youu sart off fresh with no restore points saved. and the program/s in question will need to be reinstalled and then your restore point will be created.
Hope this helps

Cheers
Susan

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:49 AM

Windows System Restore only reverts your operating system state - not data files and not anything but Windows.

#6 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:19 AM

Yes and I suggest to revert to post #3. Since the un-installed programs are not the Windows files for Windows they more than likely will not be put back in since they have been deleted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users