Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire 5755G doesn't detect nVidia GT540M

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BaltHazZard

BaltHazZard

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:43 AM

Hi everybody! I have an Acer Aspire 5755G ( i7-2670QM 2.2GHz - 6GB RAM DDR3 [ but it reads only 4 GB, don't know why ] - Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 bit ) with an nVidia GeForce GT540M on it, but the system doesn't detect the gpu. Currently I'm running with the Intel HD Graphics Family ( because it's the only one that the system detects. In the BIOS, graphic mode is on [Switchable] but dxdiag doesn't detect it neither ( i tried also with CPU-Z but neither this one sees the gpu ). I tried to install all the drivers for my laptop from both Acer and nVidia websites but the installers always give me the error "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."

If someone has an idea of what else could I try to fix this problem, come forward and speak! :D

Thanks in advance for whoever will answer me ;)

Edited by BaltHazZard, 19 September 2015 - 08:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BaltHazZard

BaltHazZard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

UP

#3 BaltHazZard

BaltHazZard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:09 AM

UP Please

#4 BaltHazZard

BaltHazZard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:41 PM

Up  :bounce:

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:16 PM

I'm not sure what you feel that you accomplish...by posting the above posts...but I can tell you that such will not normally result in any more persons seeing or responding to your topic...than would have done so anyway.  In factl, it may actually persuade some members to not even both with someone thinks that this type of behaviour...is going to lead to a desired outcome.

Just my opinion.

Louis

#6 BaltHazZard

BaltHazZard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:26 PM

My apologies in this case, I am not trying to spam or anything... If you noticed the posts are at a time span of 24 hours almost between them. I did this in order to not let my original post go lost in the other pages ( since there are every day new threads of people in seek of help as me, that fortunately, their tech problems are slightly less complicated than mine ) and so too create a new thread in the near future because my thread of requesting help sank into the void of internet where none ever go to see. I did this mainly because a lot o people have their own lives to live so probably "my saviour" has still not seen my topic. Please, I am not doing this to ben annoying, I'm just looking for help, since this problem doesn't allow me to have access to the full performance of my computer ( i need the GPU to work because I need it for my video-editing. I know it's a bad video card and my whole setup it's bad for video editing, but I wasn't born in gold so I have to adapt to everything I have and do the best with it. ).

If you think that you should close/delete this thread , then so be it. I will no longer disturb.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

Well...asking for help 5 times...isn't necessarily going to generate that help any faster.

"Bumping" reminds me of a class of little kids all trying to get the teacher to give them "the prize".  I find it annoying...and suspect that other members feel as I do.

The idea that members only read "new" topics...is totally absurd and untrue.  You would recognized that from browsing a few topics in the various forums.

We are ALL here looking for "help" of some type...there is a way to do so coureously and effectively.  As I suggested...take a look around this and the other forums. 

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users