Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a few programs that won't allow me to open file location

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Apdo

Apdo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:08 AM

The list of programs are: 
csrss.exe

winlogon.exe

InsOnWMI.exe

WDC.ede

ATKOSD.exe

KBFiltr.exe

I understand several are the names of important window files, however all the other programs allow me to locate the file location. Furthermore, unlike all the other files in my Window Task Manager, these are the only ones without descriptions. I've Googled them all, and cannot find a sure answer. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hi Apdo :)

I imagine that you are running Windows 7, right? In order to be able to use the Open file location option for some processes, you need to click on the Show processes from all users button in the Task Manager before. This will allow you to open their file location in Windows Explorer.

From a quick Google search, I can see that all these processes are legitimate. Of course, there may be malware using the same processes name but I doubt. The only suspicious one is WDC.exe, but if it's related to an ASUS program (like one of your other process is), then it's legit :)

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users