Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another bizarre Windows 10 quirk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MalwareMutilator

MalwareMutilator

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

Hi all,

Well, I discovered another strange Windows 10 oddity today.  I am starting to think the OS is still too buggy to rely on.

Earlier in the day I was using Microsoft Word to type a reply to another topic I started.  After finishing my reply, I opened my topic, copied and pasted it into the reply box, and hit the "Preview Post" button.  I was amazed to see nothing was there.  It looked just fine, and I could see it perfectly well when I pasted it into the reply box, but the box was totally blank when previewing it.  Now, the kicker is that I was using Edge the entire time.  Just for test I repeated the process in IE 11 and everything was fine.

After waiting a bit, I attempted several more similar tests in the Tests and Scribbles forum, and exactly the same scenario occurred.  Absolutely nothing I pasted using Edge appeared in the preview box, yet everything worked normally using IE 11. 

Just though you would like to know.  I am curious, though, if anybody else has seen this behavior.  :huh: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,918 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:58 PM

Maybe you should change the title of this thread to;

ANOTHER BIZARRE EDGE QUIRK

It seems to have more to do with Edge than it does with Windows 10, and your information might help other people if they knew about it.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

I had to try it with Edge and Libre Office. ~g~ Same result.

There has been a lot of talk about Edge not playing nice with Bleeping Computer. Guess this is one example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users