Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Memory Error When Opening Attachments

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sethvel1

sethvel1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

I am using a Sprint Samsung Note Edge (SM-N915P) with Android 4.4.4.  I have the phone rooted.  Whenever I attempt to open an attachment from a email, I get an error stating "unable to save the attachment.  The device storage is full.  I have plenty of room in the phone memory as well as an external card so I do not understand what is causing this error to pop up.  I have the same issue when I attempt to back up an application with Titanium.  Can someone please tell me where these files are saved to temporarily?  I am wondering if maybe the folder they are supposed to be saved to is missing or has been renamed or something.  The phone is relatively clean, there is not a lot installed on it right now.  If there is anything else that I need to post please let me know.

Thanks!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anti_Malware

Anti_Malware

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

Hi Sethvel1,

Can you try this out? See if it works.

Open the mail app. Settings ---> manage accounts ---> click the mail account ---->Sync settings ----> change limit retrieval size to unlimited.

If the above doesn't work try this and let me know if it works.

When you open the main email that shows the attachment, you need to take your finger and swipe bottom to the top of your screen. A little window will show up to download all details. After that you will get a circular blue ring. Once that is done go back into attachment and your attachment will appear.

Edited by Anti_Malware, 28 September 2015 - 10:55 PM.

Whatever Your Mind Can Conceive And Believe, It Can Achieve - Napoleon Hill

#3 sethvel1

sethvel1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:57 AM

Thank you for your reply. I already have that set to unlimited. When I click on an attachment, the screen comes up with the option to preview or download. When I choose one if those I get the error message stating there is not enough memory. I have seen a different error message before stating I need to download the entire email before viewing the attachment. I think that is when I immediately try to open something when I ha e a poor signal. That seems to be what you are referring to as far as waiting for the blue circle. My only thought is that the location used to temporarily store the file for viewing or downloading has disappeared and is not automatically remade. Or it is fill and I cannot find it to clean it out. I had performed a reset on my phone (as far as removing data, phone is still rooted) and I was able to view attachments for a short time after that. Then I was unable to again and I do not know for the life of me what I could have done. I do get a few attachments but not an obscene amount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users