Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Always Resetting Wifi Network Adapter

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sethvel1

sethvel1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:21 AM

I am using a lenovo laptop and I just update to Windows 10 64 Bit, I was using Windows 8.  I have had this problem when Windows 8 was installed and was hoping the update would solve the issue.  Whenever I to use this laptop, I have to disable and enable the wifi adapter in order to access the internet.  I stay connected to my router and there is no triangle on the wifi icon stating no internet access.  This seems to happen after a certain period of time, even when I am using the laptop it seems.  My Router is a Linksys E3000.  No other devices on the network seem to have the issue.  I do not know if this happens on other networks with this laptop or not, I have never tried.  I also use a wifi extender.  That seems to lose connectivity after time as well.  I do not really know how often though and cannot provide and further information as far as the extender.  That may be a seperate issue with the extender as it is a cheap one.  If anyone can tell me what to look into so that I no longer need to keep resetting my adapter I would greatly appreciate it as it is very frustrating.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:32 PM

Do you have any limit with your isp? First thing you may want to check.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#3 sethvel1

sethvel1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:21 PM

No, there are no limitations. I have not had this issue with my other laptop that I have noticed. I do not have to reset anything on my phone either. It is always connected to the same router as the problem laptop.

#4 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:47 PM

You really need to talk to a Network guru.

Only thing I can think of is there any difference in setting from one laptop to the other?

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

In device manager, right click your wireless adapter, click Uninstall, click OK and reboot. see if that helps.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#6 sethvel1

sethvel1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:32 PM

Going NG to the device Manager us not doing anything different then what I have been doing. It just reinstalls the adapter, same as resetting it. That does not correct the problem.

#7 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:08 PM

Ok then....Good luck.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users