Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robogden44

robogden44

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

I have a friend that believes she is being cyber stalked and feels someone is hacking into her Mac Book Pro - computer is acting funny mouse will jump around.  I am the Desktop Support Engineer for the company that she works for and I at first thought she was hitting sites that shouldn't be at.  I ran the in house diagnostics on the Probook and everything came back fine - today she came to me hysterical to say that she thought she got hacked and wanted me to know that it wasn't her.  That she felt bad that always asking for my help - i have the original book and going to see what i can find out but i have also made an appointment with her to tighten down her router.  I just wanted to know if there are any tools anyone recommends for this to see if she is in fact getting hacked or if the machine is infected.  I have run through the normal sequence that i do but it would be great if i could at least help in someone way.  

Thanks in advance

Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Hello,

First she should change all passwords of her existing accounts from another pc. Also the routers and Wi-Fi password. 

On the mac Logged out from the iCloud, iTunes and AppStore and from all the smartphones that she use for the apple id account. Visit the Apple ID site, Log in and change from there the password. Do it from another pc of course.

1. Download Malwarebytes for Mac and open the DMG 
  2. Move the app to his program folder and start it.
  3. Choose Scan and wait until is done. Malware will move automatically to the trash
  4. If you still have open Malwarebytes for Mac choose from the menubar on the top of his screen, the menu Scanner and from there the point Take System Snapshot.
  5. Copy and Post the Log here.

Edited by dante12, 18 September 2015 - 03:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users