Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help No Sound

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LAB811

LAB811

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:37 AM

Hi I have an Aspire E 15 Touch model E5-571P-55TL Laptop and after an update my sould is gone. It has happened before with updates but I can usually figure it out. This time no go. I think I may have to uninstall and reinstall my Realtek drivers but I'm afraid that I may download a virus or malware or chose the wrong one so any advice would be appreciated. I'm the first to admit my strength is not computers so please walk me through it in plain language.. like a child...lol. Thanks for you help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:14 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  The instructions include pictures of the steps involved, follow those instructions and you will be OK.  This will produce a hyperlink which when it is posted can be used to view the information about your computer. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 LAB811

LAB811
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:14 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/jToVd8qdCsV6nEu6bYM3wzZ

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:37 AM

It looks like you have both Avast and McAfee installed on this computer.  If this is the case you need to uninstall one of these.  If you let me know which one you are going to uninstall I will provide you with a link to a website where you can download the appropriate uninstall tool.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable. Why? The primary concern with doing so is due to Windows resource management and significant conflicts that can arise especially when they are running in real-time protection mode simultaneously. Even if one of them is disabled for use as a stand-alone on demand scanner, it can affect the other and cause conflicts. Anti-virus software components insert themselves deep into the operating systems core where they install kernel mode drivers that load at boot-up regardless of whether real-time protection is enabled or not. Thus, using multiple anti-virus solutions can result in kernel mode conflicts causing system instability, catastrophic crashes, slow performance and waste vital system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, each anti-virus may try to update their definition databases at the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance or unresponsive behavior.

Credit for this information goes to quietman7.

Click/tap on the Search charm and type in device manager, device manager will appear below the search box, click/tap on it to ope the Device Manager.

In the Device Manager scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers and click/tap on it.

Right click on Realtek high definition audio, then select Properties.

Click/tap on the Driver tab, select Uninstall.

When you restart the computer a new driver will be installed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 LAB811

LAB811
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

Thanks I'll uninstall the McAfee it expired long ago. It came installed on the computer.

#6 LAB811

LAB811
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

Before I do it, I click uninstall  realtek driver, not update? Just checking before I do something wrong.

Edited by LAB811, 18 September 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

You can do the update, but if it doesn't find a newer version you should uninstall the driver and then restart the computer.

You can download the McAfee Product Removal tool here.

#8 LAB811

LAB811
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:55 AM

Thanks will take care of this later. So appreciate your help and your patience. I'm good at following directions but too nervous to try something on my own.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:57 AM

Not a problem.  That's why I'm here.

Let me know how it goes.

#10 LAB811

LAB811
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:42 PM

FYI the Realtek driver update did not work so I went with your original uninstall and restarted and yay I have sound. Now the only problem is that when I went to the link you provided to uninstall McAfee I did what it aid and went to my account and entered my email and created a password but as I told you the McAfee subscription that came with the laptop expired in January of 2015 so that is what it says in the space where the devices would show. No devices to show subcription expired so what do I do?

Thanks for the help with the sound now I can watch a movie tonight.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

Did you try uninstalling it in the Control Panel under Programs and Features?

#12 LAB811

LAB811
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

Duh...thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users