Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade to windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Clark

Dave Clark

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:52 AM

Hi

I have windows 7 and was going to try windows 10 so I downloaded the files via the download app on the computer but the installation failed twice, the computer just froze after downloading the installation files. I contacted MS but they wanted online access to my computer for up to 2 hrs??

I'm not willing to do that as I bank online etc etc.

So I was wondering if I installed another HDD and Installed windows 7 on that then validated it with my original key and updated it I would probably get the windows download app and then try updating on a clean install which would probably have a greater chance of success. Can anyone see any flaws in my reasoning.

I want to try windows 10 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:54 AM

Hi Dave :)

What you said would work, since Windows 10 have more chances to install on a clean install of Windows 7 or 8.1 than an existing one. Do you have another hard drive, and another product key for Windows 7?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:10 AM

Possibly useful links:

How to Clean Install Windows 10 - http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/07/how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10-from-windows-7-and-8/

Topic moved from Win 7 to Win 10 Support.

Louis

#4 Dave Clark

Dave Clark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:15 AM

Hi Aura,

I don't have another product key as I thought the Daz loader put a slic file in the bios which I thought would activate the new windows 7 but it seems as if it wont work because if I load into the computer another Daz loader it will probably affect the existing slic in the bios and the Windows 7 on the other HDD when I refit it I hope this makes sense to you

Dave

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

I don't have another product key as I thought the Daz loader put a slic file in the bios which I thought would activate the new windows 7 but it seems as if it wont work because if I load into the computer another Daz loader it will probably affect the existing slic in the bios and the Windows 7 on the other HDD when I refit it I hope this makes sense to you

This is highly illegal and not allowed to be discussed on BleepingComputer. Please refer to the rule below:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Rules: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/

If this was your plan to get a new Windows 7 installation up and running, sadly we cannot assist you.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:43 PM

Just use the media creation tool that Louis provided a link to, you should have real good luck. Or buy a copy of Windows 10 at Amazon or NewEgg.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users