Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC doesn't recognize secondary monitor at startup and doensn't recognize its res

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zupami

Zupami

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:45 AM

Yesterday I was just using my PC (windows 10) and suddenly windows tells me to restart PC for an update. As I was busy doing stuff I asked it to wait so I could restart later myself. About half an hour later the PC just restarted without prompting me.
When the PC restarted, I noticed that my secondary screen stayed black. So I un- and replugged it, but after the PC did recognize the monitor, the resolution was off.
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 913v as my secondary monitor and it should have a resolution of 1280 x 1024, but the maximum resolution I can select is 1024 x 768.
I've tried unticking the box "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display", but it is greyed out.
I've tried to update its drivers, but when I try to install I get an error saying "Can't open monitor driver, please check the monitor driver cd or disk".
I've tried to update my GPU's drivers, but they are all up to date.
I've tried to make a custom resolution through the nVidia control center, but it says that the selected resolution is not supported by the monitor.
I know it's an old monitor, but it worked perfectly untill yesterday, and I don't believe it has become obsolete with one windows update.  I am also using a VGA-HDMI adapter, which worked perfectly as well.

Specs:
GPU:                       Asus GeForce GTX 660 TI-DC2-2GD5
Optic Drive:             Samsung SH-224BB/BEBE
RAM:                       GeIL Dragon RAM GD38GB1333C9SC 1 x 8GB
Power:                     EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold
CPU:                        Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard:           MSI Z77A-G43 GAMING
Primary monitor:      Acer G226HQLBbd
Secondary monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 913v

Edited by Zupami, 18 September 2015 - 06:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users