Initially windows 10 was running fine until suddenly (I'm using Chrome) errors such as "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET" started occurring, while periodically the wifi kept disconnecting . After searching for and following some solutions this issue was fixed however now the internet is very slow. Admittedly I'm not technically adept at all however I believe something I changed may have made the wifi slow. I did the following things:
- Cleared chrome's cache
- Changed the DNS to google's 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 (which I am currently using) from the default (IPv4)
- Tried to update network adapter drivers (said there were no new versions when using the 'automatic search')
- Used cmd to run commands such as "ipconfig /flushdns"
- Tried performing a clean boot
- Also followed these instructions (http://wind8apps.com/fix-error-code-dns_probe_finished_no_internet-windows-8-windows-10/ )
- And maybe some other things that I can't remember
On http://www.speedtest.net/ download speed is 0.39mbps. Upload speed is 3.75mbps. Ping is 8ms. I use fibre so previously it was very fast.
If this problem can't be resolved I'll just have to go back to windows 8.1, the internet is unbearably slow.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Edited by Wist, 17 September 2015 - 05:40 PM.