Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

upgrading Dell 4400

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kidd16

kidd16

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

I just aquired a old 4400 Dell Dimension, I want to restore it but upgrade everything. Stating with the Motherboard,etc.

do you think I can bring it up to todays standard?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 September 2015 - 08:43 PM.
moved from Windows 10 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 420 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:03 PM

There is little you can do to bring it up to today's standards. I wouldn't even try using that 4400 tower enclosure for modern components.

Your best bet is consider purchasing a new or newer used computer or consider the purchase of components to build your

own computer. Motherboard, Processor, Video Card, RAM, Hard Drive, Optical drive, PSU, New Tower, Operating System etc. All those

components have changed considerably since the days of that old Dell.

Do you plan on running Windows 7 or newer?

That Dell is an older Win XP machine. You posted in the Windows 10 Support section. A mod may relocate this to the appropriate area.

Edited by saw101, 17 September 2015 - 07:30 PM.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 kidd16

kidd16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

Thank you for that information, I am really glad to hear that I will now let it go and maybe I can use it for nothing.

However, I am glade you are here to give me this understanding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users